This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a strange dream.

Last night, Christmas Eve, I had the oddest dream. If anyone is any good at dream interpretation, feel free to take a crack at it. I'd love to know what you think.

There were two parts to the dream, but the second part is what sticks in my mind the most, and so I guess it was the most important:

I was with a girl I didn't know and we were walking past a house not far from where my parents live in Western North Carolina. WNC is the ancestral home of the Cherokee Indians, and this is fairly important.

We were trying to follow the path of a stream behind that house, and we followed it into the woods. There we saw a Cherokee woman in an old-fashioned dress and bonnet of the sort ladies would have worn in the 1800's. She pointed into the woods and we saw a path that we began to follow. It was winter, as it is now, and the path was easy to see in between the trees. It was sunny, which made it even easier to follow.

As we went along, we noticed other paths not far away, leading uphill and down, twisting and turning back on themselves...

Eventually we came to a modern-looking hospital, but it had been long-abandoned. Somehow I knew it had been built to treat the Cherokee. This is strange because any hospital for Indians would have been built on the Cherokee reservation sixty miles from here. But at any rate we saw it, and could see inside to look at what appeared to be an old dental office. Then the path led us away.

It was then that I noticed that the path had been scraped -- smoothed and prepared. And I noticed a single shoeprint, which meant that someone had come before us.

And that's where it ended because that's when I woke up.

Any thoughts?
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Do you have any Cherokee ancestors? I can see two possible interpretations:

One is that your ancestors are trying to guide you onto a certain path. Someone has been there before you, preparing the way. What that path is, you would have to figure out yourself.

My other thought is that your own subconcious is guiding you to a certain path. The girl you didn't know could be an unfamiliar aspect of yourself that is manifesting now. Hospitals are places of healing; it could be taken as a sign that you need to heal, or that you have healed, from something that was hurting you. I would lean toward the "already healed" because winter is a time of rest, and sun shining is a positive sign.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That sounds like a reasonable interpretation, but I'm really not so sure about the hospital equating to healing. The fact that it was abandoned makes me uneasy.

Oh, and yes... plenty of Cherokee in my blood. Enough for the bone structure and the shoveling on the inside of my incisors, in fact, but none of the coloration, sadly.

Comment

Something I learned recently is that trees in dreams are usually indicative of good luck in current projects.
        "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Or, you may be abandoning regular medical procedures to follow your own path.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what projects I have going at the moment. I'm apathetically trying to write a novel, but outside circumstances keep lurching into my life to grind that to a halt. As for medical procedures, I'm still dealing with a fungal infection that's been with me since October. I'm trying everything the doctor prescribes and then some.

Somehow though, this dream seemed to have deeper meanings than a skin infection or a book.

Comment

Working...
            X