Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, not sure how to get her *that* for Christmas...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, not sure how to get her *that* for Christmas...

Went to Gamestop a couple of days ago to shop for Christmas gifts for the kids. (Managed to buy a really cheap pink DS off Craigslist, figured we'd get the 5 year old a couple of games and start teaching her about taking care of stuff, and how to play video games).

Well, those stores also tend to have huge televisions on the wall that play trailers. And right now, particularly trailers of Skyrim.

My daughter freaked OUT when she saw one. Danced and cheered in the middle of the store, and then, at a very, very loud volume, started begging us to let her "go to Skyrim for Christmas". When I said that I didn't think we could do that, she got upset, and said she'd ask Santa, because she wanted to "go to Skyrim, and punch bears and dragons in the face."

Needless to say, the employees at the store heard every word, and were cracking up.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Well, usually it just takes some drugs to produce a "trip" of that kind of variety but I wouldn't suggest it, especially on a kid.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

You could take her to a renaissance festival. Although you'd have to make sure she understands not to punch anyone...

She sounds super adorable and hilarious.

Comment

The nerd is strong with that one.

DS Lite or DSi? (just curious)

There's some cute games out there for a 5-year-old as well.
        Last edited by fireheart; 12-20-2011, 01:43 PM.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
          You could take her to a renaissance festival. Although you'd have to make sure she understands not to punch anyone...

I don't know if I can trust her to not do it, even if I told her, LOL.

Comment

You have trainer her well

That's getting copied and pasted to one of my Friends that loves TeS games, she will probably end up giggling uncontrollably at work :P

Comment

Well, when she turns 6 (I think it's 6 for most areas, anyway), she'll be old enough for SCA Youth Combat. Might want to check to see where your nearest group is and if they have a youth combat group...
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                I don't know if I can trust her to not do it, even if I told her, LOL.

Go to a faire that has a boffer fighting area. Let her take out her need to whack someone with a person who is a pro at getting hit by kids.
                *warning hilarious visual ahead, if you are drinking, well... its not my fault. *
                My home faire has one, it is AWESOME, we get little ones just like that. Watching grown men getting chased by little girls dressed in frilly pink princess dresses, boffer sword held high over their heads, yelling like a tiny berserker, is possibly the best thing ever.
                I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
                  Go to a faire that has a boffer fighting area. Let her take out her need to whack someone with a person who is a pro at getting hit by kids.
                  *warning hilarious visual ahead, if you are drinking, well... its not my fault. *
                  My home faire has one, it is AWESOME, we get little ones just like that. Watching grown men getting chased by little girls dressed in frilly pink princess dresses, boffer sword held high over their heads, yelling like a tiny berserker, is possibly the best thing ever.
                  I think my medieval fair needs one of those. One of the guys from our interstate sister group would be great for that.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ogod. This came up again today. She asked again about Skyrim, and I jokingly said, "Well, you have to prove you're my daughter before I can take you there!"

Famous last words.

...She may or may not have charged down the hallway at her sister and yelled "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! YOU BE EXTERMINATED!" And then bowled her over before I could stop her, stood over her, and said "Owned!"

My kid....has problems.....

I ought to youtube the little bugger and make millions off of this now before she realizes what she's doing. :rofl:

Comment

The geek/nerd is strong with this one!! I love it. More girls need to be like this.

I think your daughter is perfectly normal, says the 35 year old with a Perry hat.
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                        The geek/nerd is strong with this one!! I love it. More girls need to be like this.

I think your daughter is perfectly normal, says the 35 year old with a Perry hat.
                        The geek is so insanely strong with her its scary, LOL. It drives a lot of our extended family nuts, but honestly....I'm so darned proud of her. She's like a little condensed version of us.

We used to joke that she was going to grow up living and breathing nerdity. When she was a month or so old, we discovered that putting on Star Trek: TNG would help her calm down and fall asleep. I still remember my husband poofing up and just about strutting around crowing about it. XD

Comment

That's so cool! Good for her.

We are also trying to bring up Khan in the Way of the Geek. He already is nuts about superheros and has both a Jayne hat and a Doctor Who scarf, so we're off to a good start.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                            That's so cool! Good for her.

We are also trying to bring up Khan in the Way of the Geek. He already is nuts about superheros and has both a Jayne hat and a Doctor Who scarf, so we're off to a good start.
                            That. Is. AWESOME!!!!

Also, liddle video we took of my daughter Fus Ro Dah'ing her daddy. Leaf piles were meant to be used this way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5haGaTjh3Y

Comment

Do you have a Medieval Times any where near you? She'd LOVE it and you just *might* be able to convince her she's having dinner in Skyrim....
                              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                              X