This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas At The Folks'

I didn't sleep a wink Christmas Eve night.

I brought my laptop with me to my parents' place, and stayed in my old bedroom.

My brother and I have always been aware of a ghost at my parents' house, but we never really spoke of it until long after I'd moved out. Late at night, there's a residual, almost nightly happening of an old lady going up the stairs, turning past my old room, going into my brother's old room, and stopping at the window and going away. He claims to have seen a mist or light, I never saw anything, only heard the very quiet footsteps going up the squeaky old stairs.

So, bearing that in mind, I was having some thoughts while I played online. Thankfully, Tiger the big kitten agreed to snuggle with me for a few hours, so I felt a little better.

At midnight, I heard something in my brother's old room (now dad's office). It was music playing.

It got louder and faster.

I quickly turned on the light, dashed for that room, turned on the light as quick as I could, and realized it was coming from one of my dad's desk drawers.

Turns out, some kind of pocket oranizer that Dad found "on the side of the road" (odd, it's very fancy and expensive looking, it even translates in several languages) had some kind of alarm or pre-programmed song to go off at midnight. I just pressed buttons until it stopped.

Yeah. I think I peed a little.

And no, I did not sleep well after that. I remember dozing off here and there after getting tired of looking out the door (kept it cracked in case kitty wanted to leave), but kept waking up because of noises I'm not used to (house shifting, dog getting up and her collar jingling while she shook, her claws hitting the floor as she walked, Dad snoring).
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Wow, that would have scared the crap out of me. Eeesh.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X