This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest commercial in Super Bowl...

To me, it was the "triangle chip" ultrasound one. VERY funny.

I also liked the "Jefferson's" themed one.

Although there were apparently some un-aired ones, too, because they were too racy for TV.

The other one I thought was kind of amusing was the "Super Bowl Baby" one. Apparently, births increase in winning Super Bowl cities about 9 months or so after the team wins.

I can just imagine that..."Our team won the Super Bowl! Let's go have sex!!"
    Last edited by mjr; 02-08-2016, 12:01 PM.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Quoth mjr View Post
    Although there were apparently some un-aired ones, too, because they were too racy for TV.
    Not really--that's just the hype the advertisers are creating. That way they can piggy-back onto the Sooper Bowl hysteria without paying the Sooper ad prices...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      Not really--that's just the hype the advertisers are creating. That way they can piggy-back onto the Sooper Bowl hysteria without paying the Sooper ad prices...
      Well, you know, I did see one on YouTube this morning basically saying that you can last longer in bed if you "go vegan". Was a pretty "racy" ad...from an animal rights organization.

Comment

My husband, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and myself all enjoyed the singing sheep. The boys didn't see the Doritos one but us girls agreed that it was outright creepy, and it was pretty unanimous that "Puppy Monkey Baby" earned the award for Creepiest Commercial Ever. After the game we launched a long talk about how Mountain Dew Kickstart in general has the worst commercials ever.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I found the commercials pretty forgettable, just like the game.

Except the one about constipation caused by opioid pain medication or something. Because it was so bad and out of place.

Kinda like the only one I remembered from last year was the one with the cute little boy getting killed. Even made that one into my avatar for a while.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
            and it was pretty unanimous that "Puppy Monkey Baby" earned the award for Creepiest Commercial Ever.
            What I think is even more sad is that someone at Mountain Dew gave the green light for that ad.

Comment

Working...
            X