Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
My shelter used to run a program called "Seniors for Seniors".
Miss S. Who is currently sitting on my lap, was one of those. She was 10 when I got her 5 years ago. She is anything but a mellow old lady and I do suspect she will outlive me.

There are shelter and rescue programs for people who are concerned about what happens to my pet when I’m gone. You set up with them with a donation and you will Rover or Fluffy to them. They make sure the pet’s remaining years are comfortable, in a home, if possible, otherwise at the shelter. Your donation helps with food & vet care.

You can also will your pet to someone you know will care for them, plus money for care. Or 3v3n set up a trust for pet care.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Retired

Quote:
Quoth MoonCat View Post
Unfortunately, it's not always possible to get a stray fixed, either because of money issues (it's not cheap) or because the person can't catch the cat to take it to a vet.
This is true. There's one mama cat I'd love to catch, as she's responsible for most of the strays in my area, but over the last three years I haven't been able to catch her. I feed a group of 7 feral cats, and got them all spayed/neutered through the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon. They charge $35/cat, which is the only way I could afford to do it, and they also get shots, a flea treatment, and tested for feline leukemia and other diseases. They don't get the expensive food, but I've never seen them turn down any food I've put out for them.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:07 PM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

I found 5 kittens under my car a few days ago. Not even old enough to have their eyes open yet. No mama in sight (I did watch for a half a day to see if mama would come back but no) we do live near a road and some forest so she could have got run over or eaten by something bigger. Iíve taken them in for the time being and quarantined them (I used to foster for wildArc so Iíve got things that normal people donít need) from my other pets and have an appointment with the vet later. Iíve already got people I know can take care of them but until their weans theyíre staying with me

Old 05-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth MoonCat View Post
Unfortunately, it's not always possible to get a stray fixed, either because of money issues (it's not cheap) or because the person can't catch the cat to take it to a vet.
These are genuine concerns but its also worth it to look into if your area has a neuter and release program. Mine does. Its worth it considering how many kittens a female can have in her lifetime and how many a male can sire.