This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not for the weak stomached people maybe. Might be self sighting for COC

Not sure if this is correct place to put the story or not. So onto the story. Sunday was my sisters baby shower went to it but as I was walking out to my car it hit me that I was starting to feel like absolutely $hit. So for the rest of the evening I just laid on the couch watching tv feeling so bad. I was still planning to go to work on Monday at 430am. When I tried to go to sleep I just couldnt get comfortable and my stomach started to turn. I was up all night sicker then I've been in at least 10 years. I knew there was no way would I be able to be effective so I called in and laid in bed miserable all day couldn't keep any thing down all day. But I was determined to go to work on Tuesday so even though I didn't really sleep at all and still felt horrible I got up took a shower. Almost had to pull over two times on way to work but I figured I can't miss another day since I was only on schedule for two days and already missed one. I managed to last a whole hour at work before I knew I had to go home. Today was the first day since Thursday I felt back to normal. Apparently I caught some kind of stomach virus and just for fun I got a wicked nasty sinus infection on top of it. Oh and just to make things interesting when I go back to work on Monday. Two of my coworkers apparently got the same sickness. Except they werent throwing up for 3 days it was coming out the other end. So this may make Monday fun.

I get that kind of virus once a year. I hate throwing up more than anything.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I usually miss that virus when it makes its annual rounds, but I have gotten it a couple times.

Once, for one of my classes we had a group presentation, and I had the PowerPoint file. I had it on a flash drive. In hindsight, we should have exchanged phone numbers and emails, but we didn't. The morning of the presentation, I was SICK. I threw up twice. I had to get that presentation in, though, because the group needed it. So I drove into town, almost made it to the Interstate....when I had to pull over. I didn't make it out of my car and threw up all over myself, all while people driving by gave me horrified looks.

I drove home in tears. My mom had to then drive the presentation to campus. She got it there in time, and my group was able to present without me. Since I'd obviously contributed to the project, I got points even though I missed the actual presentation. She'd explained to the teacher how I'd tried to make it, and I had a cool teacher, so my grade didn't suffer.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I get colds and sinus infections all the time but rarely get any worse. Every 4 or 5 years I get sick to the point usually I end up having to go to ER. I can be around people with strep flu or what have you I won't get it most of the time. Thats why I thought I had food poisioning for the first day.

Comment

Working...
        X