This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I live in Morocco

We received an invoice from a Canadian company today at work.

The address was all correct except for the state. Instead of "Massachusetts" they put "Morocco."

And as if that wasn't silly enough, it was actually stamped with postage to go to Morocco, and was returned to sender because it wasn't a Moroccan address. It's got a French/Arabic return to sender rubber stamp to prove it.

I hope the invoice isn't overdue now.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 08-22-2011, 03:32 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

That's hilarious.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

FRAME THAT SUCKER ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        And as iof that wasn't silly enough, it was actually stamped with postage to go to Morocco, and was returned to sender because it wasn't a Moroccan address. It's got a French/Arabic return to sender rubber stamp to prove it.

I hope the invoice isn't overdue now.
        I hope you made a couple photocopies of the envelope. If the invoice is overdue, enclose one of the copies with the payment, and note that due to THEIR mistake you got the invoice late.
        Last edited by wolfie; 08-22-2011, 01:33 PM. Reason: Cut off a tag bracket when trimming quote
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That's above my paygrade; I'll let AP worry about it.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I don't blame them for not knowing all the States, but Morocco? Really? It's not even on the same continent.

Comment

Wait, so it was returned to sender from Morocco, and they were so unashamed by their mistake that they used the same envelope to mail it out again to the correct state (and country!)?

Comment

No. I think what happened was that someone in a post office somewhere realized what the sender had originally meant and had it forwarded to the proper address.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                X