Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got called or emailed back, and I see the newspaper in question is sporting a brand new writer. So I can tell I didn't get the job...no shock there. My main thought is whether or not I'd have gotten it if my mother didn't storm down there and whine at the editor.

Oh well. Gah, I hate living around here - the only other jobs are for truck drivers, welders, oil drilling, and paper routes for kids. And basically a few other things I am not qualified for (like RN, child therapist, accountant). No wonder there have been so many burglaries around here lately - probably no one can find a job and it's more lucrative to steal shit and sell it.

Comment

Can you live with one of your uncles or aunts?
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
        Gah, I hate living around here
        See?

Another reason to leave town.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
          I never got called or emailed back, and I see the newspaper in question is sporting a brand new writer. So I can tell I didn't get the job...no shock there.
          Maybe call them just to see. Maybe they have something else available.

And yeah, if she's actively preventing you from getting a job...It's never gonna stop.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Chiming in late, but she gives you conflicting information to confuse you and make it more difficult for you to understand what she really wants, which makes you easier to belittle and control.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X