This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that annoy me

These are not necessarily sucky customers or sucky co-workers, just a few things that have happened at work that irritated me.

1. I had almost no bags on my carousels when I arrived. It was balls to the wall all night long and after a short time I had all but two of my carousels empty. Somebody should have called for some more bags before I arrived at 6 p.m.

2. I wish people would dress their kids before they bring them to the store. There was a little girl in nothing but a diaper. Maybe I am making something out of nothing, but I do think that a child should be in something more but a diaper in public.

Number 1 really annoys me, and after 1 1/2 years of complaints, the management has finally taken me seriously. But before, I would get chided for being whiny. ugh
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At my drugstore part of the cashiers' responsibilities is to stock the bags and the receipt paper. Sometimes the cashiers will get lazy and not get one or the other. Last Saturday night (I believe) I ran out at the main register and was running super low at the backup register by the end of the night (30 minutes before close I log out of the main register and go on back up so main's till can be counted. It takes longer cause it's the most used register.).
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yeah, I really hate when start my shift on a register that's low on bags, though at my store we're pretty good about keeping those stocked unless the store is running low. But I really hate when I start my shift to find that my drawer has no money in it. I mean did you really not notice that you only have three fives in the drawer?
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

At my store the closer is supposed to make sure the bags are filled for the next day or at least put up a box of bags so I can refill them myself. One guy is really good about refilling the bags. The others?? Meh...it depends.

The floor cleaner we have is also supposed to be on a FULL CHARGE each and every day and put on the charger AFTER EACH USE!! The co-workers NEVER do this. Its even a rarity if they even put it on the charger some of the time. Just today, I had to use a mop and bucket to clean the store. Why? Because the lazy fools did NOT put it on the charger AT ALL!! EVEN AFTER THE NOTE THAT IS WRITTEN to tell them to do so.
          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Ah, today's annoyance is my relief. You see, today was another day where I was standing around greeting people and "preventing crime". I was supposed to get off at 3 p.m., and my relief shows up at 2:50 and I say hello. Three o'clock rolls around.....no relief. Puzzled, but because I can give anyone 5 minutes, I don't call over a CSM to ask them whats up until 5 or 6 after 3. She is unsure who is supposed to relieve me, so she goes and checks. Lo and behold, just as the lovely CSM is telling me who my relief is, she shows up at 3:10. I almost asked her just where the fuck she was for the last 10 minutes, but I would've gotten in trouble in not her.

Comment

A store that brags/claims "Customer First" yet keep as few checklanes open as possible to force customers into self checkout, as well as bugging all the customers at the checklane to sign up for a credit card that our own training video says 96% don't want (and you're supposed to ask even if you know the customer previously said no). Not to mention you must have an annoying gimmick card just to get the sale prices.

Explain to me again how this is putting the customer first???

Comment

We don't have a special card for sale prices.

Comment

Our store is also big on safety. If we are not safe then how can we help the customers? So by our corn display I take it upon myself to put a box so the customers can throw in their corn husks. Lo and behold it is removed faster than i took the timeto put it there. Why? Corporate says it don't look right? If we ask why we are told "It doesn't matter why. its just not supposed to be there." So to summerize we can't have a box there to catch the corn husks to prevent falls, we can't tell customers not to husk corn (customers are not supposed to husk their corn there anyway. they have to wait until they buy it and go home). So no box means cornhusks on floor, corn husks on floor means slip and fall, slip and fall means time off from work or lawsuit from customers because produce is "above" cleaning thier dept.

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                    So by our corn display I take it upon myself to put a box so the customers can throw in their corn husks. Lo and behold it is removed faster than i took the timeto put it there. Why? Corporate says it don't look right? If we ask why we are told "It doesn't matter why. its just not supposed to be there." So to summerize we can't have a box there to catch the corn husks to prevent falls, we can't tell customers not to husk corn (customers are not supposed to husk their corn there anyway. they have to wait until they buy it and go home). So no box means cornhusks on floor, corn husks on floor means slip and fall, slip and fall means time off from work or lawsuit from customers because produce is "above" cleaning thier dept.
                    What the hell are they doing husking the corn in the store anyway? Anybody who knows anything about corn knows you don't husk it until right before you cook it, or it loses flavor.

Back on topic, don't you hate it when corporate refuses to think things through? A garbage can there would go a long way towards preventing a lot of problems, but nooo, it "doesn't look right". And I suppose a floor littered with slippery corn husks does?!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

most deffinatly. I pointed this out to them about it being a safety issue and they still wouldn't put something by the corn. We still do anyways though. I guess if someone falls and busts their head then maybe they'll consider putting something by the corn display

Comment

Quoth cewfa View Post

2. I wish people would dress their kids before they bring them to the store. There was a little girl in nothing but a diaper. Maybe I am making something out of nothing, but I do think that a child should be in something more but a diaper in public.
                        This is one of my biggest pet peeves, not just at work but in life. I get that kids can be rambunctious, but is throwing a onesie on them really that hard of a task? Diapers are not clothing. Would you go out in public wearing nothing but your underpants? Then why dress your kids that way?
                        Midori = Green and DelSol= My beloved Honda

Comment

So, I've decided to refer to my days where I "prevent crime" as being my employers hymen. I am there to try to prevent penetration by criminals, but there is not one damn thing I can do if criminals penetrate my employer, either by training or by policy. Kind of like how the hymen is there to prevent the penis from penetrating the vagina, but can't stop it and breaks if it decides to penetrate.

Yes, I have a fucked up sense of humor, why do you ask?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            What the hell are they doing husking the corn in the store anyway? Anybody who knows anything about corn knows you don't husk it until right before you cook it, or it loses flavor.
                            Then corn would be just another one of the things people around here know nothing about, like sobriety and not wearing Zubaz pants.

The Grocery Store of Awesome has a big trash can stationed next to the sweet corn with a sign on it telling customers to throw their unwanted corn husks in.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My job has one too, when we have corn in season. Consumers refuse to use the trash can provided, unless, of course, the bag has collapsed on itself and become unreachable. They would rather use the floor.

Therefore, the produce people continue to scream for me all day long to sweep up. Nevermind the fact that I'm busy working on my personal responsibilities. Everyone in the store thinks I can just drop everything whenever they call.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X