This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarot/oracle cards

Who all here reads tarot and /or oracle cards? I know of one person right off the bat But who else does? And do any of you have favorite decks, and why? Here is list of my decks:

Moonology oracle cards

Modern Witch tarot
    Halloween tarot (I LOVE these)
    basic Rider Waite Smith tarot
    A weird Chinese tarot deck that uses cute little girls as their imagery on everything, I don't actually use these
    A rider waite smith deck that is iridescent also Chinese I think
    Wild Unknown tarot
    Ophidia Rosa tarot
    Golden Tarot

Wild unknown and Ophidia Rosa are really different, and have to be read very intuitively.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

I haven't done it in a couple of dogs' ages (depends on breed ), but when I did I mostly used the basic Rider-Waite. Occasionally I dipped into Animal Spirits or runes. The deck I'd love to get hold of is Piers Anthony's Cluster Tarot; I don't know if that's actually been produced commercially.

Comment

The Cat People tarot is my best deck.

The Robin Wood tarot is fantastic.

I've also had good experience with the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg.

As for the Medieval Scapini, that deck is simply beautiful.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I've only got one deck these days - the Celtic Tarot by Julian de Burgh - but I used to have a Rider Waite deck, and some obscure Spanish deck that gave me the creeps the first time I used them. The Rider Waite deck was a gift that I later regifted when I was downsizing my belongings in preparation for a cross-country move.

Comment

The Alice in Wonderland deck. It was given to me by a GF of the time
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

In recent years, I've started collecting playing cards. I generally go for ones that have more unique designs for the face of the cards in addition to an interesting back.

I should probably get my hands on a few Tarot sets. The only one I have is one that came with my pre-order of the video game Dishonored.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Very interesting answers, it's cool how everyone has such different decks, most of which I haven't heard of which is saying something!

Comment

I have a tarot app on my phone. In think it uses the standard Rider-Waite deck.
                Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
                  I have a tarot app on my phone. In think it uses the standard Rider-Waite deck.
                  Most apps will use Rider-Waite -- I gather the images are either public-domain or public-access.

Comment

I've always wanted to make my own deck but I'm not a very good artist and my photos are okay for Facebook.

The other idea I had once was making an audio tarot deck. Just make 78 soundbytes with some nice music and a decent voice actor and sell it as an album on iTunes. User just has to hit shuffle and visualize the placement of the cards themselves.

Comment

I've always wanted to make my own deck but I'm not a very good artist and my photos are okay for Facebook.

The other idea I had once was making an audio tarot deck. Just make 78 soundbytes with some nice music and a decent voice actor and sell it as an album on iTunes. User just has to hit shuffle and visualize the placement of the cards themselves.
                      An audio Tarot has real potential -- I probably couldn't use it myself (I'm both hard-of-hearing and very visually oriented), but I can certainly see how some folks would love it. You could do it with music, ambient sounds (including animal calls etc), or some combination. On a larger scale, making an album of songs representing each card could also be an interesting project, albeit controversial.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                        On a larger scale, making an album of songs representing each card could also be an interesting project, albeit controversial.
                        I was on a voice chat once and people took turns acting as a specific card while the others asked questions. It was a lot of fun.

Comment

I was on a voice chat once and people took turns acting as a specific card while the others asked questions. It was a lot of fun.
                          It sounds like it!

Comment

Interesting thought. I never considered them in an audio format!

Comment

The next card is the Hanged Man. Please make your gasping breaths as realistic as possible ....
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X