Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found some stuff that belongs to you?

This is what happens when I book a few days off... The funny thing is the one that messed up was Helen, not Jemma... Mind you Jemma stirred the pot and made it worse, so everything that happened to me was essentially her fault.

While I was away, (The Jury's out on whether this all started when I was away for the funeral, or away at Pride...) Jones* came in and picked up a canvas and 16x20 portrait just as Helen was heading out to lunch. She grabbed what she thought was their canvas, handed it to them and they went on their merry way. Her first mistake was not checking the name on the canvas. Her second mistake was not pulling the canvas out of the box and showing it to the customer.

So something happened in between last week and yesterday. According to Helen they phoned and said "We have the wrong canvas... We'll bring it back to you." And that was the end of her communication with them ended.

Yesterday I was on the phone with a customer, a man comes in and pitches a canvas box at my feet and growls something to the affect of. "This is what you've been phoning and harassing me about. There ya go." and stomps out before I can get off the phone and thank him or check out what he's thrown at me.

Harassing you? Say What? What in the hell did you just throw at me? I'd felt bad for being on the phone when he was in the studio until he got mouthy with me. What is it with people?

So I get off the phone and the smell hits me and I notice wet stains all over the box and envelope that the 16x20 and canvas are in. Both the envelope and box are filthy and soaking wet in one corner. I carefully take out the 16x20 which is destroyed... The whole bottom and left side of the portrait is soaking wet and stinks to high heaven of must and mold. (Remember kiddies... It's not like they had it for weeks or even months... They got it last week and said they'd bring it back.)

Then I take the canvas out of it's box and I'm knocked back by the smell. It's damp, the colours haven't run thank god, but oh god... Oh jesus the smell... I wouldn't give these to my worse enemy, let alone the customer who's been waiting for them.

So I bag them up in a garbage bag to hold in the smell, as I'm starting to get a migraine, and I phone customer service to order a new 16x20 portrait and canvas. I put a special rush on it, which is usually only reserved for DMs to be able to do, but considering the circumstances, she let me do it.

Then I paged Helen to get her side of the story, since I didn't want to phone the customer missing the canvas, without all my ducks in a row and facts straight.

She phones after I've given in and thrown out the smelly canvas and 16x20. She tells me exactly as I posted above and that phone call from them was the last time she talked to them. So she was far from harassing them and phoning them about the canvas. We come to the conclusion that Jemma must have figured it out and started phoning and bugging them.

But Helen's as livid as I am about the Jones's behaviour. We couldn't figure out why anybody would have the nerve to destroy something that wasn't theirs, AND phone and say they had it. If that was the case and I'd accidently (or purposely) destroyed something, the last thing I'd do is admit that I had it and say that I'd bring it in. Especially when they didn't even tell us they'd wrecked it. Helen had me phone the Jones and see what had happened. "We're really pleased and thankful that you returned the canvas, we know it was out of your way, but we just were wondering what had happened to it. There seems to be some water damage (The understatement of the century) and we were wondering what we should tell the customer."

Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for them I suppose, they don't have a phone and left somebody else's number to leave messages at. He didn't know what I was talking about.

Bottom line it was Mrs.Brown's fault for leaving her canvas so long, and the irony of it all was that she'd left it and only phoned AFTER we'd given it to somebody else. I left a note for Jemma to phone Mrs. Brown about it because I wasn't about to pile shit ontop of shit as far as stories and lies go. I didn't know what she'd told her and I didn't want to get caught in a lie.

So I have today off and most of tomorrow (I work the night shift...) So we'll see what goes on when I get in to work tomorrow. The thing that pisses me off most about this, is I really do try to give customers the benefit of the doubt. I mean they DID phone and say they had the wrong canvas. They did bring it back... But their attitude, destroying it, whether on purpose or accidently, was inexcusable.

We'd had some pretty rough rain storms lately, and from the looks of it, Mrs.Brown's canvas got caught in it. But the thing that boggles my mind, where in the hell was it, to get it soaking wet and dirty like that? I don't know about you, but if I had something that wasn't mine, I'd make sure it was safe and returned in the state that it was given to me. And if it did get so damaged that it stunk like black mold and it was soaking wet, I'd be too embarrassed to show my face, let alone have the nerve to cop an attitude when I went to return it!!!

This happened yesterday afternoon and I'm still shaking, I'm so mad. What in the hell is wrong with people?! Seriously!
    Last edited by Retail's Bitch; 07-07-2006, 03:30 PM.

Sorry, but I am confused about who Mrs. Brown is.

I am also confused about how you can call and harrass someone if you don't know their phone number but that is a whole different issue.

Comment

Mrs. Brown is/was the owner of the destroyed canvas, which the Jones received by mistake.

That is a good point, chryso, about not having their phone number.

Can't wait to hear what Jemma has to say.

Jenni
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Man I hates that Jemma! Reading stories about her raise the old blood pressure

Comment

Quoth technical.angel
          Mrs. Brown is/was the owner of the destroyed canvas, which the Jones received by mistake.

That is a good point, chryso, about not having their phone number.

Can't wait to hear what Jemma has to say.

Jenni
          Okay... Let me see if I can fix this.

They (The Joneses) phoned Helen and told her, they had a canvas that wasn't theirs. And told her that she had given it to them. Hence knowing who they were and ultimately their phone #...

So I can only assume that Helen left a message/note for Jemma telling her about the mix up. And Jemma took it upon herself to phone and harass the Joneses to bring back the Canvas for Mrs. Brown whose canvas and 16x20 it was in the first place.

On Monday when I got home at 10-11 at night there was a message on my machine from Jemma bitchin' and moanin about how Mrs.Brown was phoning and bugging her about where her canvas was. I phoned back that night and left a message on the machine telling her that I didn't know where it went and that I wasn't going to be around on Tuesday (My birthday). So to not phone. So this all happened in between last week, last weekend, and yesterday when I had the stinking canvas thrown at me.

All stuff cleared up?

Either way, I'm still pissed that I got thrown into the middle of it.

Comment

I think you should write up, as concisely as you possibly can, what your understanding (factual only, no conjuecture) of the whole situation is, and give a copy to the DM as soon as possible, preferably before Jemma gets her version in!
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

OMG, talk about someone needing to explain what happened! Should I slap Jemma or have you done that already?
              The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Jesus H. Christ she makes my head hurt... I think I mentioned that she phoned yesterday looking for me and CMH answered the phone... (No I haven't moved yet... And no she doesn't know we're separated. That's my business not hers.)

Instead of her following our explicit instructions on what to tell Mrs.Brown, she went ahead and told her the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help her god. And Mrs.Brown freaked.

I can't wait for her to either A: go on Mat leave and never come back or B: get fired...

Comment

Working...
                X