Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We don't sell everything for everything!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't sell everything for everything!

Lately, I've been pulling a lot of weekends back in electronics. I don't mind it, as I enjoy the change of pace, and I get to move around instead of stand in front of a register all day.

Lately, however, I've had a rash of customers who, when told we don't carry a certain accessory for an item they bought/want to buy, they respond with various degrees of huffiness: "Well, why even sell it if you aren't going to carry (accessory) for it?"

Ok, first, you're at the Wal-Mart electronics department. We sell a lot of stuff, but we don't carry every accessory for every item that we sell. I don't think anywhere does. If you want that handset for your expandable cordless phone, go to Best Buy for it. They are an electronics STORE. Not an electronics DEPARTMENT. Learn the difference.

Secondly, what is griping to me going to do? I'm a floor associate. Essentially, a peon. People who are the boss of my boss do the ordering for us. Not me. And frankly, if you're going to be a jackass about it, I'm not going to go out of my way to help you find it.

Just needed to vent.

OMG, I would hate when customers would do this in the electronics dept. It would always be for some rare/discontinued/old item that we don't sell anymore, or never sold in the first place. For example, one SC was livid we didn't carry some part for his old Betamax (yes, I'm not lying ... this was something that was sold in the 80s!), or I'd have someone who was pissed we didn't carry an original replacement remote for his Daewoo TV or the proprietary cord (with some weird connection) to a 1997 camcorder. I can imagine it would be worse for people working at Radio Shack, since the SC would complain saying that they have every part and piece imaginable, but of COURSE not the one thing they need.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

That's what eBay is for Hmmm... Maybe I could mass market some business card-like doodads that say on the front "If you can't find it here...." and on the back "It's just GOTTA be on eBay!"

Comment

Quoth One Of Many
        That's what eBay is for Hmmm... Maybe I could mass market some business card-like doodads that say on the front "If you can't find it here...." and on the back "It's just GOTTA be on eBay!"
        Haha! I'd go for that.

Comment

Quoth One Of Many
          Or, you could learn that tune they were playing on TV a few years ago, if you're a dandy singer... When they ask for something you don't have, stun them by dancing around and singing. Then shove them naked and helpless into the world.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs
            I can imagine it would be worse for people working at Radio Shack, since the SC would complain saying that they have every part and piece imaginable, but of COURSE not the one thing they need.
            As a former Shackie, I can attest to that. People thought we carried EVERYTHING. Got a 1912 Victrola? RadioShack has the needle for it! Need to replace a vaccuum tube? RadioShack has hundreds of them in stock, just waiting for you to buy them! (Actually, they were a special order item for a while!) 8mm to VHS adapter? Go to RadioShack! They have them! They don't exist, but RadioShack has them! Need a new Cesium atom for your atomic clock? RadioShack!

That last one was true. A guy came in, said his atomic clock wasn't working anymore and wanted me to fix it. I told him I couldn't fix it, and he got mad. Then he asked why. I told him my chisel was too big to split the Cesium atom. He looked at me , and then he got the joke.
            Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Had one like that, back when I was working at Walmart. I was called to help this one customer find something. Well we didn't have it at all, so we told him that. Now is getting pissed off, yelling at me, like it is my fault. I told him that I will go in back and check again, just incase. Well, the only reason I said that, was because it was time for me to clock out, and that is exactly what I did. I made sure to walk by him on my way out, he asked me where I was going, andI told him home. I said that I would have stayed to help, but he was an ass to me. The next time he came in, he as happy as he could be.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
              X