This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Holiday Horror Story

I knew the Fourth was gonna suck when our reservation system decides to crash leaving us flying blind for the whole weekend. And that was just the beginning.

Idiot #1: Well I should say Idiots it is the weekend before the Fourth of July. Of course we are going to be booked up. At least 7 times a day I have had people actually ask if there was a special event after learning we are booked up. Did they think that people just showed up on the 3rd and vanished on the 5th

Idiot #2: If there is a single room left in a crowded town during the Fourth of course it's going to be expensive. I had people yell at me, try to negotiate with me and on one case a woman who apparantly had been driving for hours who upon hearing the price burst into tears. She then told me that she was exhausted and had kids in the car. She proceeded to then inform me that if they did not get an affordable room soon she might get into an accident. Sorry no dice lady

Idiots #3: A woman calls and asks if we have any rooms for the Fourth, we have one room left. Here's the conversation that ensued

SC: Do you need a credit card to reserve a room?
    Me: Yes
    SC: Do all the hotels around here require one to reserve a room?
    Me: As far as I'm concerned yes
    SC: I don't have a credit card, can you just hold the room for me anyway?
    Me: No that's against the hotel's policy
    SC: But I neeeeeed a room for the Fourth!!!
    Me: Sorry I cannot make a reservation without a card
    SC: Do you think the room will still be vacant on the Fourth

Yikes
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Oog... Your reservations system went down? My sympathies. That's about the worst thing that can happen to a hotel short of the building catching fire.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts
      Well, then we neeeeeed a credit card number!
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts
        I wonder if she REAAAAAALY needs it. Like she NEEEEDS food. Like she NEEEDS clothing. C'mon now...you don't NEED it, you want it.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc
          Oog... Your reservations system went down? My sympathies. That's about the worst thing that can happen to a hotel short of the building catching fire.
          I don't know, I'd think some people would probably wish for the hotel to burn down

Comment

Working...
          X