This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Compassion

Here's another one I posted on several previous incarnations of CS. Some of you might remember it. Even more than a decade and a half later, this one still makes my blood boil.

I was working until closing one Saturday, and the girl that was working in the deli had just come back from having her knee operated on. She wore a brace on her knee, but she was able to do her job without any problems. After we got everything shut down, the night manager, three or four other guys, and myself all started heading to the back room to clock out. The deli was right beside the doors to the back room, and as we got close to it, we could hear someone sobbing hysterically.

When we got there, we saw the deli clerk sitting on the wet floor crying her eyes out. After we got her calmed down somewhat, she told us the story. She had just got all the food wrapped up, the slicers cleaned, and the floor mopped, when someone came to the deli wanting her to cut some meat for him. She politely told him the deli was closed. He started yelling at her that it was not closed, because there were still people in the store. The only reason there were people still in the store was because they didn't understand the concept of closing time, and we hadn't chased them out yet.

Well, I don't know what all he said to her, but I'm guessing her threatened her or did something to scare her, because she went back into the deli to get him what he wanted. As soon as she stepped onto the wet floor, her foot slipped, her bad knee twisted, and she fell right on her ass. And Mr. Compassion didn't care that she had re-injured herself and was now sitting on the wet floor crying in pain. He started screaming at her to cut his meat. (Side note: I think she should have cut his meat, but not in the way he wanted. )

Once the night manager heard the story, he was FURIOUS! He went looking for the guy to rip him a new one, but he was nowhere to be found. I'm guessing that he heard some male voices approaching and decided to vanish. After all, most guys who pick on women will not tangle with a man -- even one half his size, let alone several men.

Luckily for Mr. Compassion, we never saw him again. But I hope that he got hit by a truck, and then got yelled at by the driver to get the hell out of the road as he lay there slowly dying. Bastard.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

What a jackass! That poor woman. I hope she's doing much better now & gets to take a lot of trips to the Caribbean.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I remember that story from the first time I read it, on one of the old boards. I still get as angry as I did the first time.

I can't believe that man. He doesn't even deserve to be referred to as a human being.

Did the girl's knee end up being ok? I hope so!!!!!!

And I agree with you, she should've "sliced his meat", in the way that you wished, not as HE wished.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A pure and simple bully, taking out his rage at his inadequate little life by making supermarket girls cry. A real hero (note sarcasm). I hope your co-worker recovered, Mike, but i pity the family that that pathetic little twerp goes home to every night
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

what a *#$%@!+&! i hope she recovered ok; i hate men who won't hesitate to try and bully someone who they think will cower and give them what they want but will run away when others come.

i second your karmic wish for that...
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I hope the woman with the injured knee didn't wind up needing surgery because of that asshat. Did you wind up having to call her an ambulance for her leg?
            http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Alright lets get this dude... let's make him work with an injury, and have an asshat cutomer yell at you 'cause you injured yourself. Punk

Comment

Working...
              X