This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife used to work here so that means I pratically own the joint

I work at a fine art supply store. With that said...

This gem walks in and DEMANDS we give him a scrap piece of matboarad he insists we have "in the back" that is 12x12". I tell him we don't have scraps to give out. He yells, "My wife used to work here! She said you guys would have it 'in the back!'" I explain that this is not the case anymore so we move on. He wants magnetic sheeting that is 12x24" and freaks out when I tell him I have to cut it. Again, his wife used to work here and she asked for blah blah blah and never said anything about it being cut. So I cheerily tell him to go pick out some matboard (which he is most definately going to pay for) and I will cut the magnetic sheeting for him.

So I come out of the stockroom and see that he has chosen some matboard and asks if he would like me to cut it down for him (I don't have to, I'm just being nice). He sternly says, "No, my wife will cut it." Well La Dee Da!
    So I ring him up and he starts yelling at me saying that his wife (boy, I'm getting tired of this) said it was $9 and I only charged $4. I smile and say, "I can charge you $9 if you like." He didn't like that. Mwhahaha. He asks if we have a catalog so he can check to see if I got the right item for him...which I DID. I say nicely, "We don't have any catalogs to give out, but I can let you look at one." Then he SNAPS, "I didn't say GIVE ME A CATALOG, I said LET ME LOOK AT ONE!"

He needs to die.

I am about to state clearly that I am not going to help him anymore due to his rudeness...but I look up to see if anyone would bail me out. No such luck. Everyone is in the office and I am on my own. D'oh!
    Anyhoo, he realizes that I did not make any mistakes and leaves...forgetting his matboard, hahahahaha!!! I sweetly yell just as he's practically out the door, "Sir! Didn't you want your matboard?" Doofus.

Anyway, the point of all of this is: I have never seen you or your wife in my entire life. I have been working here for 5 1/2 years and I have been the only married chick working here. If your wife did work here, guess what? TIMES CHANGE!! Oh, and if your wife did work in retail then you should know that you should NEVER talk to us like that!

[/end rant]
Working...
X