Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week i got this funny message and not it doesn't work!!!!!!!! I neeeeeeeeddddd it to work nnnnnnnnnnnooooooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
      "I tired to fix it myself"
      No, this line is a big help. It lets you know you are going to need to clear out the rest of the day from your calendar.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

how about
        "It had this box, and it said "yes" and "no" on the buttons, so I clicked one."
        or
        "When I did this one thing it did something weird but I don't know what I did"
        "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

I'm not in front of my computer right now....

Comment

Why can't you fix me now?
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
              Why can't you fix me now?
              Hand me a rusty spoon and a plastic sheet...
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

"It was working [some time in the past]!"

"I did something and now it won't work." (I can see that, what did you do?)

"My computer's [monitor brand, router brand, color, whatever tells me the least about it]."

"It's Windows Vista."

"This thing called "[antivirus]" has been popping up and I didn't want it up there so I deleted it. Is that a problem?" (depends on what you mean by "deleted" and how long it's been)

"What's a firewall?" (uh oh)
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

"What's Internet Explorer?"

"I don't seee iiiitt!!!! Oh..there it is" (especially after giving very vivid descriptions as to where it is....I miss remote accessing customers computers)

Gaaaah...the joys of tech support.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My boss uses this line a lot... When something comes up with an error message or doesn't work the way it should...

"Well, what did YOU do wrong?"

What I did wrong was follow the steps that YOU told me in an exact and precise order, instead of following MY natural inclination not to do so.

Also, when a customer brings in a file to print and I ask what program they used to create it (just in case, sometimes when we open a file and it's not the same program or version, the formatting changes... we try to avoid that...)...

"It's in Windows."
                    "It's in Vista."
                    "It's in XP."
                    "I used a Dell."
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

"Desktop? What's that?"

"OK, I'll go get more RAM so I have more space to store my documents"

"How do I backup my file?"

"I got <error code indicative of extensive data corruption>, but I kept on working in the file....When did I get it? A week ago or so...It only shows up when I try to access Payroll data, so I just didn't go into payroll until today. I need to cut everybody's checks, they're due out in two hours" <me> ... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH --- This goes hand in hand with the one immediately preceding. Bonus points if the error first appeared SIX MONTHS AGO (this happened recently) and has been ignored since then because it doesn't show up every time somebody logs in.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"My friend gave me a program that..."

"A coworker downloaded something that..."

"My son knows all about computers and he said...."

(Done to death, but easily my least favorite.) "A message popped up that said something about something so I clicked OK....."

I'd like to think it was just the ID-ten-TSes, but there are threads here about the same behavior in car owners, shampoo users, frozen food eaters, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

"I forgot my password and cannot log on."

((this from someone working for a company that has a dozen different systems that could require a login)).

Eric the Grey
                          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            "Desktop? What's that?"
                            On that note... "Desktop? But I have a laptop?!!!"
                            Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                            Me:

Comment

Quoth cactus View Post
                              On that note... "Desktop? But I have a laptop?!!!"
                              probably the same type of person who puts t right on their lap and burns themselves.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

"Yes, the router has lights on."(Which lights? What color?)
                                "Dial tone? How should I know if I have dial tone?"(From my days of DSL tech support where no dial tone = no internet.)

Comment

Working...
                                X