This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion changeover suck

There is a LOT of suck promotion changeover days, mainly because people get confused (it's not that hard, really, for one day we have two offers that run concurrently, it's not as complicated as you are insisting it is) And because people cannot stand the idea of an offer CHANGING.
    The suck in covversations.

L.O.L (Little Old Lady)
    Me (goddess of beauty)

L.O.L: *seeing me clearning shelves of left-over promotion stock*
    Ooooh, is this a closing down sale? Are you closing doooooown?
    Me: No, Just changing sales.
    L.O.L: Are you SURE you aren't closing down?
    (on for what feels like hours in this vein)

You know, you're right. We ARE closing down, hence the lack of 'closing down' signs any where.

SW: Sucky Woman
    Me: Increasingly frazzled:

Me: That's *price* then please. Oh, and by the way, this is the last day of the offer, so if there's anything else you need that's on sale...
    SW: WHAT! There ARE other things that I need at the reduced price but I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY NOOOW!
    Me: Oh, that's a shame.
    SW: What are you going to do for me?
    Me:... ABout what- changing the offers when I don't have any money!

Urrm, nothing. YOU HAVE HAD A MONTH TO BUY THIS STUFF. Offers do not run forever.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
    You know, you're right. We ARE closing down, hence the lack of 'closing down' signs any where.
    Trust me, when they are up on the windows, people never understand or read them. Been there, laughed in their faces at that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Trust me, when they are up on the windows, people never understand or read them. Been there, laughed in their faces at that.

Rapscallion
      Isn't that rather fun?

Even better when the store is already closed down and someone walks up asking for a job.

Part of the "Been there, done that" club . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X