Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harassment, boobs, and potatoes...oh my!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
    Since when is it any of her business whether your co worker breastfeeds or not? My god, i formula fed all my children and they are very healthy, active little munchkins.

They do say that breast is best but it wasn't for me.
    Exactly. I was formula fed and I turned out fine. I know breast feeding is best, but I was unable to do it for my daughter (for a myriad of reasons I will not list at this time). The way people reacted, you would have thought I hovered over her crib with a pillow in my hands. If somebody asked, like her pediatrician or a friend,etc. I would simply say it didn't work out so she was on formula. They would actually try and convince me to give it one more try. I called them the nursing nazis. They also had nursing nazis in the hospital when I gave birth and they would continuously tout the virtues of breast milk, all the while I'm having major issues with it. And don't even get me started on the crazy woman who taught the breastfeeding class I went to. She was totally off her rocker.

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
      I called them the nursing nazis. They also had nursing nazis in the hospital when I gave birth and they would continuously tout the virtues of breast milk, all the while I'm having major issues with it.
      I'm told they're like that over here. I'm trying to track down an article I read about one of the breastfeeding "consultants" who had a child of her own and then found out that she wasn't capable of breastfeeding. It made for some very interesting reading.
      Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

I'm all for breastfeeding in public, but I'm also an advocate for putting a blanket over it. You don't need to have your boobs hanging out, even if it is a beatiful natural thing, and it makes some people uncomfortable.

Also, anybody who genuinely believes they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong and must have their opinion changed by lecturing, no matter what their opinion is related to, is bound to be annoying.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Yeah the nurses are very nazi like when it comes to breastfeeding in the hospital.

A friend of mine told me that her nurse shoved her baby onto her boob, baby was screaming and couldn't latch on, friend is crying because when baby was on it was painful cause she wasn't on properly and the nurse telling my friend to stop crying and grow up, bloody bitch

That was the same hospital i gave birth in but the nurses i had were fantastic, they didn't push it on me.

Comment

Working...
          X