Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This so amazes me with more and more reports of child kidnapping and molesters you think parents would watch their children more not less.

Of course that would make sense, silly me what was I thinking.

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
      But I must wonder, how on earth did the kid get behind the counter and reach up under the cash register in the first place? If the register isn't open, isn't it corded off or something? Just wondering.
      The registers are not seperate (as mentioned before). Anyone can easily walk behind the registers (which is a whole diferent story / rant).

Quoth slick
      I was a very curious child, I could have been that kid pressing the button. But my parents would always watch me, and if I wandered off, they would come after me. With all the pervs and kidnappers out there, why would any normal person allow a child to wander around alone? And if I did get to that button, believe me, not only would my parents have taken the blame for it, I would have taken the punishment. In all honesty, I feel I am a better person because they looked after me and correctly taught me right and wrong.
      Same here. It was always "Where are you going, who are you going with, when will you be back, I need a phone number". That lasted even into my 20's.

Seriously, are parents really this retarded now? I license to procreate, that should be a real topic of discussion.
      Or else we'll end up like the movie Idiocracy.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We just had a very tragic story where I live where a child was missing for 4 days and then was found in a dumpster..... very sad.....

HOWEVER.... these parents also allowed thier FOUR year old to wander off alone. It was all over th news that he was known to wander around.... and where did this family live??? Right next to a Train Track and a University. If the child didn't get hit by the train he could have been killed by someone coming from a college football/basketball/whatever game who is driving and isn't expecting to see a four year old in the middle of the road....... this doesn't even begin to cover the crazy sickos out there and what they would do to a child. And the parents acted like it was no big deal that they let the child wander.... but were absolutely beside themselves that he had gone missing...

I feel horrible for the little boy and it does seem foul play was at hand as he was found in a trash bag in a dumpster - who knows how awful his last moments on earth were - and all b/c his stupid parents didn't watch him?????

Comment

This reminds me of the story my father loves to tell about Sears and the escalators. I don't remember it much, but when I was a toddler, I found the STOP button on the escalator and decided what fun it would be to push it. After I did so, everyone was murmuring about it, and when my dad saw what I did, he pretended to wander off and not know the kid that did it. Needless to say, after we got home, I never again pushed another button.

Comment

When I worked at Sam Goody, we had a kid we would babysit. He would walk up from the middle school after school and hang out playing video games until his dad came to pick him up.

The only time I really had an issue with him was when he found a praying mantis somewhere and got a cup from Arbys to carry it around with him.... and to show us.....

Shudder.
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
              This reminds me of the story my father loves to tell about Sears and the escalators. I don't remember it much, but when I was a toddler, I found the STOP button on the escalator and decided what fun it would be to push it. After I did so, everyone was murmuring about it, and when my dad saw what I did, he pretended to wander off and not know the kid that did it. Needless to say, after we got home, I never again pushed another button.
              I also pushed that button as a kid... happily for me, tho, my little brother got both blame and punishment. Even now, he still goes on about it.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth i4wolves View Post
                This so amazes me with more and more reports of child kidnapping and molesters you think parents would watch their children more not less.

The actual numbers of abductions hasn't gone up - just the levels of reporting and fear.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  The actual numbers of abductions hasn't gone up - just the levels of reporting and fear.
                  Well, the straight numbers have gone up, but the per capita numbers have gone down. It's the same with violent crime and school violence. In the past 30 years (at least in the US) violence has been dropping steadily. The number of violent crimes committed in the US, per capita, in 2000 was half that of 1970.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth i4wolves View Post

It's like the campus I did my undergrad at. There were all these reports in the school paper (the police beat, several articles, etc.) about property theft on campus, as well as meetings for the dorm residents about it. The articles and police beat mentioned several times that the items stolen were from an unlocked dormroom/office/locker/car or an unattended backpack. They even had a couple of non-students hanging around on campus (closed campus; there's nothing "public" in it) just looking for unattended backpacks in the library and student center to steal. And yet people kept leaving things stealable and then couldn't figure out how/why someone would've stolen their stuff.

Man, I had to have had the most naïve schoolmates ever.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      It's like the campus I did my undergrad at. There were all these reports in the school paper (the police beat, several articles, etc.) about property theft on campus, as well as meetings for the dorm residents about it. The articles and police beat mentioned several times that the items stolen were from an unlocked dormroom/office/locker/car or an unattended backpack. They even had a couple of non-students hanging around on campus (closed campus; there's nothing "public" in it) just looking for unattended backpacks in the library and student center to steal. And yet people kept leaving things stealable and then couldn't figure out how/why someone would've stolen their stuff.

Man, I had to have had the most naïve schoolmates ever.
                      At summer camp last year, we recieved a lecture on why not to leave Gucci bags and $100 bills in the locker room.
                      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                      X