X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdates and Slackers

EWW, OUTDATES
    i dont know about you guys but before i buy anything anywhere usually i check the date. most of the time its good. but for some reason in my store...NO

now i know the company has weekly out date checks. they tell you what sections to check (usually about 3 a week) and tell you how far ahead to pull, 30 days, 60 etc

well apparently no one in my store does that. a few weeks ago i found 4 garbage bags worth of outdated food on the shelves. and then some on the overstock wall too

i drink sprite...and last week i bought one w/o checking the date (shame on me) and it was outdated in JUNE. but thats sorta the vendors fault...tsk tsk

the other day i finished up a planogram for cough and cold and found a small handfull of outdates. but who knows what the rest of the plano held.

last night i was facing and decided to check some of the dates on the "premium chocolates" (lindt, ghiradelli, Russel stover) and found a few...then i continued to the next section which was diet/nutrition (LOL) and found some there too. some outdates from 2008.......

so then i continue my journey to vitamins. i checked only 12 feet worth, which is probably not even half...and found a TON of outdates. many from 2008. like march 2008. seriously?? i also pulled any that were a high count like 200 pills that would go outdated in the next 2 months.

so no one has been accurately doing the outdates, and no one checks them when they do the planograms. idk what happens if you take outdated vitamins. i would hope people check the dates themselves. i'd be pissed if i took outdated vitamins. my CW was pissed too, he too is new to the store and is used to checking outdates.

SLACKERS

so we got a new girl the other day...yay for noobs. i didnt get to talk to her much or work b/c i was doing my own thing. but she seems good, and was willing to work (from what another cw told me)

the new girl was supposed to train on the registers with CW D until coworker N got in at 530.(they both started at 3) D knew about this since she mentioned it to me and i said i knew because the manager mentioned to me on my own as well. so i go on break before N arrives and tell D "if you guys start facing before i come back start in aisle 7, i started in 1"....for some reason i had to repeat that 3 times...i did 1...you start together in 7...teach her how to face.

so i get back 30 min later and go back to finish aisle 1. i see cw N is taking down september monthly signs...which is good because i forgot, but i tell her that D and the new girl are supposed to be facing. she agrees and goes back and tells them so, and to pull any signs as they go.

i forget how much time passes but i still dont see them facing and then N tells me that the noob is going on her break and then D will go on hers. i think fine, D can start facing while the noob is on break.

she does, but barely. and later i find all 3 at the registers again...talking..(yea i do it but not all night)...eating candy and D is playing with her phone.. which she KNOWS shes not supposed to do.

as im working on cash i play back video to see when she actually started facing. i didnt see her in aisles 7 or 6 at all and it seems she started in aisle 5. WTF...and then finally like after 8 at night they both are facing...in aisle 5.

thankfully the new girl volunteered to vacuum. i only had faced 2 and a half aisles but i did a detailed facing...because apparently no one else knows how to.

i didnt expect the new girl to do a lot on her first night or two. but with cw D this happens all the time, and ive heard about other people complaining about her. then she wonders why her hours always get messed up. maybe if you did work that wouldnt happen.

another CW last night, M, called wanting to know her hours for next week. i told her she had 16.5 and she got upset and wanted to know why she had so little. then told me she couldnt work one of those nights (a night im closing...great screw me over again eh?) gee you couldn't work 3 of yours shifts over the weekend because you had to study and you complain you get hours cut, then say there's more you cant work...hmmmm...gee i wonder why

I once bought a bottle of fruitopia at a blockbuster without checking the date...

It was so old it had fermented. It was like strawberry-grape wine/vinegar. I looked at the date after I'd tasted it... It had expired over 2 YEARS previously.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
      I once bought a bottle of fruitopia at a blockbuster without checking the date...

It was so old it had fermented. It was like strawberry-grape wine/vinegar. I looked at the date after I'd tasted it... It had expired over 2 YEARS previously.
      ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Working...
      X