This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damned One Way, Damned The Other.

So my store changed from 24 hour to being on a set schedule last July because we were "losing too much money by staying open even with beer sales". Now? In October we're going back to being 24 hours because?

Anyone?

"We're losing too much money by not staying open".

What the eff.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Perhaps they could have the best of both worlds if they stay open 24 hours but leave the place un-staffed at night. I'm sure the honor system will work.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

The swamp used to be open 24 hours for the week or so before Christmas. I'm told the only people who took advantage of these extended hours were drunks and shoplifters.

Now the latest we'll stay open during the holidays is midnight, and we're doing fewer 7 am opens this year than in the past.

Seems to me the corporate office is in "fling shit against the wall and see what sticks" mode.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Official reason is that no one knows why. Store manager convinced regional head honcho to keep us open because we lost too much in sales from beer and cigarettes and makeup (lots of local trannies and strippers).

The reason I'm supposed to give to customers is that "Oh, we had lots of customers call in! So many that it convinced our regional head honcho to keep us open!"
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

My store, before it was switched to S&S, was once 24 hours until the overnight cashier was killed by another employee.

But apparently, none of the S&S's on LI are 24 hours anymore. The closest one is somewhere in Queens.

Comment

When I worked at blockbuster, we had an ice cream freezer near the tills, loaded with haagendaaz bars, drumsticks, etc.

Corporate decided, in APRIL, after a particularly long, cold and rough winter, that we weren't selling enough ice cream, and they would pull the freezer. When did they get around to actually doing it?: Middle of July.
            Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

For quite a while, TA (chain of truck stops) carried Breezeway screens (to put in truck windows for ventilation while parked) in their convenience stores. Last year, the screens also showed up at Flying J (another chain of truck stops). If I recall correctly, the price for the one model Flying J carried was $40.

One thing flying J does when something doesn't sell very well is start marking it down, and if it still doesn't sell well, they mark it down further. This year, when fueling at the J in Black River Falls WI, I noticed that the screens were marked down to $10. Of course, the fact that they started carrying them in late fall last year, and it's a product that isn't likely to sell very well during the winter (saw the marked down screens around March or April), can't have anything to do with the poor sales.

I guess it's no coincidence that Flying J is having financial difficulties, and latest reports are the chain has been bought out by Pilot (yet another chain of truck stops).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X