Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's not one thing, it's the other...oy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's not one thing, it's the other...oy.

I'm having One of Those Times at work...

Department of Back Story: I'm an accounting admin by title, jack-of-all-trades in actuality. I prep tax returns for clients, manage accounts-receivable (bill and collect payment), collate tax returns, coordinate the TRs getting to where they need to be and in-house tech support.

The last is relevant.

We went through several technicians and a lot of the issues with the computers are fairly easy to resolve. Slowdowns, adware, minor system glitches - not an issue. The copier that we have is another story. It's an all-in-one, lovely little thing that we set up to print, copy, fax and PDF-scan.

Also bear in mind that in 10 days exactly, it's deadline. Everyone who goes on extension on April 15th has to be filed by Oct. 15th.

In the past two months...
    1. One accountant's computer decided it dislikes the corporate-tax program. Cue freezing issues, network locks not clearing properly, and various things that made tax prep impossible.
    2. Another accountant's computer BSODed. Due to malware. Long story on that one.
    3. Yet another accountant asked me to switch his comp because it's slower than molasses. Lo and behold - I switch and now that computer is slower than molasses. What he's doing, I do not know. Up to ears in tax returns.

Those issues, in variety, happened to our bookkeepers and much gnashing and tower-hauling was abound. So, cue today.

The copier breaks down. Odd, obscure error that I never dealt with before.

Ten days to deadline.

*headdesk*

ETA: This isn't the first such an incident, but last year it was the server clutching its pearls and locking up the workstation utility. How the copier managed to crap out is beyond me, but karma is weird.
    Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Hope that copier is under contact and a tech is included with the package. One thing I love about out copier is that fixing it is someone else's problem.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X