Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fashion is "clean and comfortable." That's about it. Sometimes I'll add "nice" to the description, but I'm really a jeans and t-shirt/babydoll person.

Regardless of the fashion, people who work to make themselves look how they want to look are usually pretty comfortable with their looks and tend to not bother judging other people by looks alone. People who work to make themselves look how they think will impress other people tend to be extremely self-conscious about their appearance and can be really insecure so they will often ridicule people who don't dress in a manner they think other people find appropriate just so that they can feel a bit better about themselves.

On the whole biker front, I've known some really cool bikers. Biker runs are one of the better vendor shows you can do if you do crafts. They tend to have a particular fondness for things red, white & blue. Again, if they get a bike because they want that particular bike, they're good about it. But if they get a bike because of who might be impressed by the bike they have, they're insecure and will take it out on people who have what they think other people consider to be of lesser importance.

And all the people who rice out their cars/bikes in the mistaken impression that it actually impresses anyone other than other posers is usually an idiot. The ones that do road racing or dragging are certifiable idiots and often end up in the morgue. Now if only they didn't take innocent victims out with them....

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth mischugenah View Post
      Of course we hate being stereotyped-- it's one of the most dehumanizing things one person can do to another. Basically it's saying "you're more like a cardboard cutout than a human being, I know all about you just by looking at you." I'm sure 'Jocks' and Cheerleaders don't like being stereotyped either.

That said, I've been friends with punks, goths, jocks, cheerleaders, losers, preps, cops, business people, and homeless people. And all I can say is, it's a really good idea to take people on a one-by-one basis. NOBODY is ever really what you expect.
      i agree that making judgments on people should be on an individual basis because there is always someone who will not fall in to that type, but unfortnatly for humanity, there is a reason for the stereotypes and that is because when you get huge groups of people that fall in to that catagory they tend to act the same for the most part. i hate the idea of the stereotype in the fullest but i know i may fall in to one or 2 of those catagorys. im fine with that since i am who i am and if people cant handle me as who i am and i just happen to fall in to a stereotype then poo on them for not getting to know me first. and since i fall in to a stereotype that is well considered scary or evil they dont even take the time because even though the type of people that i associate with are kind, gentle, loving and tolorant individuals, because we are witches and pagans people can not see past that part and automaticly start to think we are evil people.

either way, i have known people who are definatly not in those stereotypes even though they may actually belong to them in some fashion, but eventually it comes down to it that they are so unlike the stereotype that they have created their own sub type.

Quoth Cia View Post
      My parents used ride a motorcycle - a burgandy Gold Wing to be precise. They had the matching jackets and helmets and were members of the GWRRA. If anybody was frightened of two middle aged, burgandy wrapped bikers they have a problem.
      because we all know those scary GWRRA folks are definatly people who cause all kind of havoc because they are bikers. (as i mentioned before my parents were also apart of this group and still are associated with them and now are apart of another goldwing group that is in the midwest they are currently on a rally ride lol)

remember they are the blue haired biker babes (a term by the way when they were told thats what my sister and i call them they loved)
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
      X