This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
    Now pay me for the inconvenience of having to explain myself or you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
    Good luck finding me.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
      Whatever happened to the days when people got sick and it was dealt with without trying to backtrack and fingerpoint?
      Why is there this intense need for blame?
      Speaking as one who tried to "deal with" an injury caused by a problem at a business, I can offer some insight. My medical bills for treatment to "deal with it" were unbelievable. I had no choice but to require the business to pay them. I was lucky that the business' insurance company agreed to it.

If businesses and their insurance companies simply would step up, take responsibility for injuries the business caused and pay the costs to put the injured person back to normal, there would be far less litigation as those persons would not be so angry and therefore would not feel the need to resort to attorneys to get their costs paid. Once the person is angry, they are more likely to want revenge and therefore demand greater monetary damages.

That said, I also do not agree with people who think any little trip on a stairway that only causes them to bump their knee deserves a few thousand dollars for pain and suffering.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Then there are the "oh no, I'll get a scar" nuts. They always act like it's the end of the world, and that they'll never be the same again.
        Oh, no! I've got cats. There's not a chance in hades I could get away scar free. Just glancing at the backs of my hands I can spot about half a dozen, and if I really looked, I could spot a dozen more.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If the kid does in fact have pink eye, I prescribe Worcester Sauce.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Then there are the "oh no, I'll get a scar" nuts. They always act like it's the end of the world, and that they'll never be the same again. These people are usually found in commercials for various ointments and cut treatments. So you have a tiny scar were you cut yourself? I build models, I've accidently cut myself *multiple* times over the years...so go cry me a river
            Anybody complains to me, I'll show 'em my (barely visible) road rash on my left hand and left knee.

Yeah, I hit a deer while riding - let's just say not wearing leather gloves & chaps is a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
            X