Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harassment, boobs, and potatoes...oh my!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment, boobs, and potatoes...oh my!!!!

my brain hurts.....

I'll give her a......

Coworker: (to a table full of men in their early 20's) Stop giving cloudiko a hard time, she's trying to help you guys out.

Dumb guy: *mumbles to all his buddies*

Me: *brings them their drinks, heads toward the till*

Dumb guy: (loudly) I'd give her a 20 minute hard time!!

Me: (mumbles to self, rather loudly) Nice try, but you try it again and I'll give you a hard kick!

Coworker: *laughs at the guy's dumbfounded look*

Wow, that's jumping the gun a little...

Me: Hi, how many to -

Lady: I'm fine thanks.

Me: ...

Let's talk about boobs!!

New coworker: (to the coworker who is training her) So, do you have any kids?

Coworker B: Um...yeah. (note: B is 55 and her kids are grown adults...)

NC: Did you breastfeed your kids when they were babies?

B: *looks puzzled* Not that it's any of your business, but no.

NC: *judgemental sigh* Ooooohhh. That's a shame. Did you know that breastmilk helps your babies fight off viruses? (I'm not a mom, so I don't really keep track of all the breastfeeding information...)

B: I've heard that, but my kids are fine.

NC: Oh, really? How old are they? Why didn't you breastfeed them?

B: My son is 30 and my daughter is 25. I formula fed them and they're both fine. And I didn't breastfeed them because I had to go back to work. Sometimes you have to do that to survive.

NC: *shuts up*

Let's talk about boobs! (Again!)

New coworker: You just had a baby? That's soooooooooooo cute!

Coworker Z: Yeah, he's three months old.

NC: Are you breastfeeding him?

Me: (walking by, did a doubletake. Wasn't this just the same conversation from the day before....?)

Coworker Z: Of course. I can't afford formula right now, plus it makes sense.

NC: *sigh of relief* Oh, thank goodness. I can't believe how many people here don't breastfeed their babies. What are they thinking? Did you hear that there's going to be a new breastfeeding law going into effect next year?

Coworker Z: Isn't that great? That means I get to go home for 20 minutes and feed my baby and come back.

NC: I know...I love my son so much! (Insert random insight into NC's personal life that nobody wanted to know)

Me: Shouldn't you be working right now?

Another coworker who was passing by with plates: Yeah, I mean - stop talking about boobs and do something useful.

Me: *air high five*

But wait...it's not over yet

NC: My goodness, am I going to get off at 9 tonight?

Me: Maybe. It depends on how busy we get.

NC: Oh my goodness, I hope I get off because I only pumped one bottle for my baby.

Me: *trying to not bang my head against the nearest wall* It will be okay. I'm sure your baby will be okay going an extra 20 minutes without his bottle.

NC: You wouldn't understand, my baby is hungry!

Me: I don't understand, but I do understand that you need to plan better next time. The times on the schedule aren't always accurate. Manager told you that the first day you showed up for the job.

NC: Oh....but my baby is going to be hungry!

Me: *sighs*

NC: It doesn't help that my boobs always hurt anyway when I can't feed my baby.

Me: *walks away*

What? You're shouting!

Me: Hi, thanks for calling the Resturant of Placeville ho -

Caller: KJDFJKHAFLKEPIOAIHFOEIRNUIGJHETEER!!!

Me: Um, I'm sorry?

Caller: THEOIRERHBOEIHUGIHETHIOEHFOEIHRIOEHROIH!!!!

Me: Can you repeat that again sir? I couldn't quite make out what you are saying.

Caller: AKFJEIFJEIFHEOIHFOEIWHOAIHSIASODAPODJASIHFIHTHIEHF HE!!!!!!! MANAGER!!!!

Me: What? Do you want to speak to our manager?

Caller: FJEOIFHEOIHWIHFEEOWIHFOIWEHFEIOWHFOIWEHFOIHWEOIFHW EIOHFOIWEHFOIHWOIHFEO!!!!!

*click*

Me: *hold phone, looking very confused* Wow. Just wow.

You say potato, I say damnit.

Caller: KFJEIHFOEIHFIHAIOHSFIHOAIHFIHFOAIH!!!

Me: (thinking: didn't you just hang up on me?) Did you want to speak to our manager?

Caller: YES!

Me: (internally cheering: I finally got a word I understood out of him!) Ok, give me just a second.

Caller: THEORIHEOIHFIHWIHFWIEHFIOEHWFIOEHW!

*I put him on hold, get Manager, who talks to him at legnth*

Me: How did you understand a word of what that guy was saying?

Manager: He said something about his baked potatoes being hard. I told him to stick them in a microwave, but he said that wasn't good enough.

Me: Meaning he wants to get more free potatoes?

Manager: Exactly. He wants 5 baked potatoes, and don't do anything to them.

Me: Meaning I can't throw them at him?

Manager: Yes. Just put them in a bag and walk away.

Me: Is he going to be mean?

Manager: Possibly. Just give him the potatoes and let him leave. If he wants to complain again, I will be in the back.

Me: Oh great.

I am so thankful I have tomorrow off. Being in the presence of New Coworker made me lose about ten brain cells per second. My brain can't take much more of that!!
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

lol what is that co workers facination with breast feeding anyway, sounds like some dr brain washed her in to that train of thought or shes obsessive compuslive

for me, my breasts are the topic of conversation on a regular basis since i am a rather large breasted woman. strangly not at my current job but im ok with that since i dont want to have to deal with possible sexual harassment

2 of the strangest conversations held at work about my breasts

me looking at a penny saver since there was nothing to do

oh look there is an enlarger for sale with all the trimmings for a dark room (photo equipment for those who remember film and processing of said film)

jerky co worker whos a sexist jerk
    well it looks like you would need a reducer

me miffed at this reply and sensitive about some weight i had just gained
    is that a comment about my boobs or my weight

jerk says
    well, both actually

i really wanted to kick his teeth in

_______

*note this next conversation may not have happend as i have a strange ablility to have conversations with people that did not actually take place ie i hear their thoughts, i find this a very odd conversation to have with your boss of all people so it may have been one of those strange situations where the conversation didnt happen and i may have started talking to her out of no where (in her eyes and wondering why im answering her thoughts which happens)

boss setting up a sewing machine to fix some costumes
    so how do you get your breast so perky

me answering said question that may not have happend at all
    well you see the trick is in the bra you choose, proper fit is key get sized every time you go bra shopping, and make sure you get a good quality bra, fredricks is best, they are comfortable pretty and durable (me going on and on)

boss looking shocked for some reason,
    okkk on with fixing the costumes, are you sure you dont know how to sew, thanks for the info btw.

im really starting to think i read her mind, i have known her for a few years now and she expects some weridness from me as this is a common occurance for me to start talking to random people about thigns, thankfully costume related and i am one of her favorite returning employees cause of it lets just hope that if i decide to work for her next year when the time comes shes not put off by my random reading her mind
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Since when is it any of her business whether your co worker breastfeeds or not? My god, i formula fed all my children and they are very healthy, active little munchkins.

They do say that breast is best but it wasn't for me.

Comment

Let's talk about boobs!!

New coworker: (to the coworker who is training her) So, do you have any kids?

Coworker B: Um...yeah. (note: B is 55 and her kids are grown adults...)

NC: Did you breastfeed your kids when they were babies?

B: *looks puzzled* Not that it's any of your business, but no.

NC: *judgemental sigh* Ooooohhh. That's a shame. Did you know that breastmilk helps your babies fight off viruses? (I'm not a mom, so I don't really keep track of all the breastfeeding information...)

B: I've heard that, but my kids are fine.

NC: Oh, really? How old are they? Why didn't you breastfeed them?

B: My son is 30 and my daughter is 25. I formula fed them and they're both fine. And I didn't breastfeed them because I had to go back to work. Sometimes you have to do that to survive.
        NC: *shuts up*
        That SC sounds like one of those militant breastfeeding supporters who, if they had their way, would breastfeed the kids 'til they're in their 20s. What a freak, your co-worker should have reported him.
        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Sounds like new coworker would like you to set up a pair of stlietto heels with her ass.
          What gives her the right to be so judgemental. I know in B's case the medical literature at the time was pro formula anyway. Either way it's none of your business what other people do, they have a reason for it, and formula isn't full of brain eating deasies. Sometimes people are busy or for whatever reason choose to do something differently from you.
          And reading one article about breast feeding does not make you a medical expert nor does breast feeding make you mom of the year. Stupid holier than though bitch.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Tell dingbat new coworker that there is a thing called the 'breast pump". I used them all the time. When one has an nursing infant at home, one uses part of their break time at work to find a quiet room and one pumps. I did it for one of my kids. YOu then put the bottle in the fridge, nicely tied up securely (somone onece had her breast milk stolen at work), and then you take it home and baby can have it for tomorrow. This way, you save up and there is milk Unless things have changed inthe past 17 years, breat milk can be frozen for 48 hours.

Comment

My 3 brothers and I were all formula fed; and we're all healthy. As for the new law, it doesn't mean that breastfeeding women are going to be allowed to break the rules and make everyone at their work miserable. She's probably the same kind of woman who'll rip off her top and flop her boobs out, then complain that everyone's staring at her breasts. -_-

As for the potatoes, I really think you should have been allowed to throw them at him. xD I doubt he'd be in a fit state to complain after that.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Probably her first baby as well as being a militant breastfeeding advocate. The two together make for some of the most annoying people. They will even accost you in public while you're minding your own (and your babys) business. I've had to get into details with these women as to why I was unable to breastfeed just to get them to leave me alone.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                ~Clerks

Comment

My dad did some work for Local Education Authority after he retired as a headtecher. One day he was in a meeting discussing whether a woman's wheelchair-bound son would be able to attend a regular school or would have to attend a special need school. The woman in question brought her baby into this meeting, and midway through asked if it was okay to feed the baby. Whoever was running the meeting assented and she proceeded to breast feed the baby.

At the end of the meeting she claimed several of the men, including my dad, had been ogling her boobs. My dad later said, actually it was quite embarrasing and he was looking anywhere except at her.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                    At the end of the meeting she claimed several of the men, including my dad, had been ogling her boobs. My dad later said, actually it was quite embarrasing and he was looking anywhere except at her.

I cannot stand women who create their own victimization. What do they expect? Any woman should stand up for her right to breastfeed in public but when someone takes a look they need to deal with what comes with the territory. For all they know they're simply interested, it is a natural thing and a wonderful bonding moment after all,
                    (and it sounds to me like she might have been trying to manipulate things)

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                    ~Clerks

Comment

im all for public breast feeding, i have seen it done here alot as it is a law that you have the right to do so, all people who did this placed a towel over the babys head or around it i think so that it made her decent.

and as far as i know the only breast milk that is esential for a woman to have is the colostrum which is the milk that is produced for about 2 days after birth. that milk has vital antibodys that help the babys immune system and other things, its thicker than normal milk and if the mother is not able to breast feed the baby they will pump her in the hospital while the baby is in the neonatal area of the hospital.
                      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth cloudiko View Post
                        Dumb guy: (loudly) I'd give her a 20 minute hard time!!
                        I'd have been snarky...

Me: What, 3 minutes today, and then 6 more installments over the next week?

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
                          They do say that breast is best but it wasn't for me.
                          Not a mother, but I'm an aunt. One of my 'sisters' (sister-in-law and girl-I-grew-up-with) simply couldn't breastfeed. The other did a mix of breast and formula. All four children are healthy and happy.

There are reasons both medical and societal that some people do not breastfeed. It's noone's business but the parents' (both parents), the doctor's, and any family/close friends who the parents CHOOSE to ask for advice.

(I understand that some doctors vaccinate non-breast-fed children early, or advise keeping the children out of public until their antibodies develop, or - well, there was something. Ask a doctor.)
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
                            I cannot stand women who create their own victimization. What do they expect? Any woman should stand up for her right to breastfeed in public but when someone takes a look they need to deal with what comes with the territory. For all they know they're simply interested, it is a natural thing and a wonderful bonding moment after all,
                            (and it sounds to me like she might have been trying to manipulate things)

There was a story on ABCNews.com the other day about breast feeding in public. The picture they used had a woman (who, sorry, did NOT just have a baby!) wearing a little button-down sweater, completely unbuttoned, holding a baby to one breast and the other was covered by the sweater, but was open in the middle; the pic only showed her torso. I sincerely doubt many women actually feed their babies like that, except maybe in the privacy of their own home. The law the mentioned in the story had to do with women being allowed to breast feed in public places without having to worry about being prosecuted for indecent exposure...

Last I checked there were over 300 comments on the ABCNews message board for that story. A lot of people pointed out that most nursing moms can do it without anyone even knowing they are. It just looks like they are cuddling the baby.

30 years or so ago, at the height of the feminist movement, a lot of people were against breast feeding because it keeps women back, ties them to the home and traditional roles, etc. etc., so it was discouraged. Recently there's a ton of research that shows the benefits of breast feeding - health benefits for both mom and baby (antibodies, optimal nutrition for baby; reduced risk of breast cancer, help burn off baby weight for mom, among other things), plus emotional benefits (bonding, etc.) and more people are choosing to do it. But the people who judge parents for using formula really piss me off. Breast feeding takes a lot of time and a big commitment, and some people simply can't afford to take the time. And some women simply can't breast feed, for any number of reasons, and sometimes it's the baby who has trouble with it. So people should decide what's best for them and let others do the same. And they definitely shouldn't be preaching to their coworkers about it (especially when they just started...wtf?! that girl's got some nerve!)
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't know what its like in the US but here in Oz the post-natal nurses are pro-breastfeeding to the point of being militant. I think what they tend to forget is that its not always possible. Some women simply can't breast feed no matter how much they try and I really think that they should back the hell off. The attitude of "your a bad mother if you don't breast feed" only serves to make women who are unable to breast feed through no fault of their own feel inadequate and depressed.
                              I would like my children to be breast fed (I think its better for them) but it will ultimately be my wifes decision, not mine, and if it turns out that she is just not able to then we will use formula.

As far as feeding in public is concerned, I have no issue with it unless the mother is deliberately making a spectacle. There was a big fuss over here a couple of years back when a female politicion started breast feeding in a session of parliment and complained when she was asked to leave the chamber. the real kicker was that the victorian parliment apparently has facilities on site for children but she chose to do it right in the middle of a sitting parliment session instead.
                              Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Working...
                              X