This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just STOP TALKING!

Where I work, we have to take turns answering the operator phones. I just had a lady call up that wouldn't let me say a word. She talked over my greeting-- which is a whopping two sentences, 4-5 seconds max to say. She wanted a person from a specific department, but all she had was a first name. Ok, fine, I can still look that up. So I do. I start to tell her that I have two numbers, and give her the first one, and she interrupts and says that's not the number she was given. *Then why the hell are you calling me?!* She then tells me that she was given a different extension, which lo and behold! It's the second number that I would have told her if she had let me talk! I try to tell her 3 times that I will try to transfer her to that extension. She keeps interrupting and talking over me, saying that she wasn't given that number, and that's probably why it didn't work, etc. All I want to do is tell her that I will transfer her, but that if the transfer doesn't work, she can call back to that line directly. Finally, she shuts her yapper long enough that I can say that, and I transfer her off.

I wonder if the person she is calling is going to have any better luck talking to her. I hope they do, because I like them. I wouldn't want to wish that headache on them.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Anytime I get a phone call the person interupts the greeting, then I know the phone call will not go smoothly.

My favorite is when they dial the wrong number. Our # is very similiar to a pharmacy #, and we have people call all the time asking about prescriptions. For some reason, it's always our fault when they misdial.

Comment

Working...
    X