This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card machines crashing = our fault?

It all starts out ok, she's nice, the transaction is fine. It's just gone five, we're closing in half an hour, so we only have two till up. She tries to pay with card, and I press the button for our new card system to start.

Nothing.

I wait.

Nothing- Oh wait, now it's saying 'card has not been inserted'. No shit, because the screen I needed to process it didn't come up, and the card machine didn't register the card. So I press try again.

Nothing.

No movement.

I start apologising at this point, try again a couple of times, and call my deputy manager.

She does what I did.

Nothing. No change. AFter FIVE MINUTES trying to get the card machine to work my colleague shouts the same thing is happening with hers.

PANIC.

We say to the woman it's not accepting her card, and we are REALLY, REALLY sorry.

'So how else am I meant to pay?!'
    My dm responds
    'i am very sorry, It's just not accepting it. There's a machine over the road, if you want to pop over and take some money out we're happy to hold this for you...'
    Bitch From Hell:
    IT'S A CREDIT CARD! I CAN'T DO THAT!
    Me: I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do.
    BFH: GOD! I'll just GO then.

After she's left, my manager and I have a discussion about what the hell we are meant to do other than what we've done? WE CAN'T MAKE CARD TRANSACTIONS. We aren't doing it on purpose.

I bet there'll be complaints about us tomorrow.
    My supervisor
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Of course it's your fault. You did it just to annoy her.

Comment

Of course.

I have a little bit of rum in fruit juice now, and chocolate, and there will be a long hot bath and early night later. Hopefully I'll feel better.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        Why? Would there be a another reason to do it? I mean, of course the machines are fine. Everyone knows that computers NEVER EVER [insert perry cox from scrubs quote here] EVER break.
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

I had that happen at the eye doc's a while back. I simply wrote a check. If her budget is so bad she can only pay using a CC then the NMFP rule applies!

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
            I often wonder how SCs arrive at these conclusions. They come up with a good thought but don't take it to the logical extreme: if I HAD a button that would turn off the (device vital to their smooth exit from my vicinity) wouldn't I use it EVERY TIME I saw them????? ;}

Comment

Why the heck would anyone go out with just a credit card? You should at least have one back up form of payment, whether it be some cash (best option), a bank card, or a check.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ofcourse it is your fault, you should have known that the machine will mess up.
                Last edited by powerboy; 07-20-2007, 08:33 PM. Reason: Started thinking about another thread. Sorry
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Why the heck would anyone go out with just a credit card? You should at least have one back up form of payment, whether it be some cash (best option), a bank card, or a check.

^-.-^
                  Yes, but that would be using logic.
                  I alway try to have £5 emergency cash on me at all times...

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    Ofcourse it is your fault, you should have known that the machine will mess up. Seriously, she was wanting you guys to give up $75 out of the stores register.
                    I expected her to come out with 'I want something FREE for my inconvenience!'
                    What about my fucking inconveinience at having this bastard crash on me, hey?

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                      I expected her to come out with 'I want something FREE for my inconvenience!'
                      I would give her a pacifier to suck on because she's whining like an baby.

Oh i'm sorry... that's an insult to babies.

Comment

You CAN take money from a credit card if you use an ATM machine. Just get a PIN #...duh!...lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X