This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We. Don't. Have. Debit.

Since I saw some interest in this, here's my story.

cast of characters:
    SC(s): take a wild guess
    Coworker: a real sweetheart
    Me:

The other night, three kids came into the store. Got 3 large fountain sodas and a pack of poison.

I get it all rung up, and one of the girls hands me a credit/debit card. Juuuuuuuuuust as I was about to scan it, she snapped, "debit."

Me: I'm sorry, we don't have debit.

SC: Debit.

Coworker: We don't have debit.

SC: Debit.

Me: We don't have debit. (Trust me, I was not rude, this was hardly stressed.)

SCs: You don't have to be such a bitch about it! Jesus! What a bitch.

Then they threw the cigs back at me, left the sodas in the middle of my counter and walked out.

I was about to tell them we have an ATM, etc, when they decided to leave. Oh, well.

I asked coworker to tell me honestly if I was rude...and he said maybe just a little. If I was, which I wasn't*, I think I deserve to be a little short after I tell you for the third time that we don't have debit.

*I fully admit when I am rude with someone...sometimes even to their face.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Geez, it's not like you're a tape recording, of course after saying something a couple times the inflection is going to change. And when it changes, different stresses on different syllables are going to sound like annoyance!

It's like the time I was working, it was crowded, lady shouts a question as to when the slurpee machines are going to be working again, I shout back "About an hour" And she says "Don't take that tone with me!" Lady, I have to shout so you can hear me over the 30 teenagers who can't live without their Yogen Fruz, I don't have a tone.

So, yeah, co-worker was probably just hedging as he wasn't sure himself, but I truly believe it was a case of princessitis, where no=rude.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

"I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you are about to experience. Our company does not see fit to provide Your Excellency with the option to pay debit at this time.

Had I known that you would be interested in that option, rest assured that I would have stopped at nothing to provide it. Alas! I have failed you.

I humbly beseech you to forgive us and bestow upon us your monetary blessings in the form of cash."

How's THAT?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I had a customer call one time that evidently thought I was being impatient with her or something (which, of course, I wasn't... just trying to figure out what she wanted done exactly). She finally told me "I was JUST calling to file a COMPLAINT. That's all! THANK you for your valuable time!" *hangs up*

Left me sitting there for a good five minutes staring at the phone with a vacant look on my face. I really had no clue where that came from! I was certainly not being rude or anything but patient with her as I knew she had a complaint in the first place from the fact she half-snarled it as soon as I answered the phone. I swear, people can find reason to be snarly in anyone's tone.
        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Maybe it's better that you didn't get a chance to tell them about the ATM. They probably would've gotten mad that it only dispenses twenties or something.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Big sis, do you think that ATM by GW in Waukesha still gives out fives?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            "I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you are about to experience. Our company does not see fit to provide Your Excellency with the option to pay debit at this time.

Had I known that you would be interested in that option, rest assured that I would have stopped at nothing to provide it. Alas! I have failed you.

I humbly beseech you to forgive us and bestow upon us your monetary blessings in the form of cash."
            The CS probably would have gone, "Huh?" Too many strange sounding words.
            I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Working...
            X