This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein JDLR gets you fired.

A few weeks ago observed a SC enter the store pushing a cart via entrance 1 and head for the baby aisle. A few minutes later I see them rush out entrance 2 with at least 8 boxes of diapers and baby formula mixed in. They rush out to a running car throw the stuff in and speed off. Logically I folowo policy and tell the FE Sup. I explain the situation and they write down the info on the LP report form, then crumple it up and toss it as I turn to leave.

Well, that's not good. I report the weird situation to our companies security check-in line. Interestingly the Sup. is no longer with the company. One of the Sups. friends reports that they were friends with the thiefs and had been sealing themselves. They tipped off the thief when the store was slow and had most of the FE employees doing back stock, cleaning or on break.

I had to hit Google to find out the acronym of JDLR - just doesn't look right.

I also found:

http://www.jdlr.com/

I wonder if they know?

Rapscallion

Comment

Maybe a new acronym for the CS.com glossary?

ETA: The website Raps.....
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

When I was hired at the retail electronic's chain named similarly to their family's grocery chain oh so many years ago, I was replacing one of four techs that were fired for theft.

How they stole everything was classic. How they got caught, even better.

These 4 techs would have friends of theirs bring in computers to be fixed. These computers always left upgraded to top of the line equipment or with far more than they arrived with. Some systems left with multiple video cards (this was 1996, SLI didn't catch on until Windows 98), and others with software stacked inside the case.

The only thing they couldn't steal were processors and memory due to being locked up in a cage, handled by a different department. Everything else was fair game.

How did they get caught? One of them got caught trying to steal an audio CD outside of their little plan and crumpled like cookie when he got caught. He admitted to EVERYTHING and turned the other 3 in.

We still had free reign of everything on the shelves for fixing a customer's system, but had to have justifiable cause and everything signed off on before we could grab them.

CH
        Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Working...
        X