Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I respect your beliefs, but...seriously?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I respect your beliefs, but...seriously?

I found out last night that one of our new cashiers is refusing to check out any customer who is buying Halloween items because she is against Halloween and considers it evil. She was just made a cashier, and when she was a stocker, she refused to stock the seasonal department for this very reason.

I mean...really? Management knows about this and is okay with it? They actually make sure a CSM or another cashier is nearby in case a customer comes up with items she doesn't "agree with" so they can check them out instead.

Oh, and she also won't go in the break room because it's decorated in honor of Halloween (orange table cloths, pumpkins, scarecrows, etc.).

I just don't get it. How can you get a job at one of the biggest retail establishments in the world, and expect to get away with pickyness like that?

My mind. It is boggling.
    --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Religious nutbars think they can get away with claiming dominion over other people's bodies and love lives; what's a few decorations? :P
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

This was only ever going to go one way, and it's already there.

Thread Closed.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
      X