Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They must be building snowmen in Hell right now...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They must be building snowmen in Hell right now...

My company finally decided to allow employees to join the loyalty program. After over 2 years of employees requesting to join because the loyalty savings are better than our employee discounts.

You just have to choose one or the other at checkout--you can get the loyalty discount on an item, or the employee discount on your total purchase, but not both.

So yesterday, after I came in and read the posting on the bulletin board, the first thing I did was sign up for my own loyalty card.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Are you kidding me?!? The loyalty card can give you a better discount than the employee discount? I can't even explain how disgusted I am.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Are you kidding me?!? The loyalty card can give you a better discount than the employee discount?
      That's fairly common. Reasoning is usually something along the lines of "We're already paying them, we don't need to do more," or "They're in the store a lot anyways, they'll buy whatever out of convenience, but the loyalty program gets customers in and coming back."

Anywho, congrats, Irv. Many happy purchases!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

It's a little different where I work. We got rid of our loyalty program a couple years ago and made a big to-do about how everyone pays the same price as everyone else. Surprisingly enough, employees get a discount. It's not huge, but it's better than nothing.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Are you kidding me?!? The loyalty card can give you a better discount than the employee discount? I can't even explain how disgusted I am.
          Yup. Let's say we have a coffee maker on sale for $18.99 with the loyalty card, $21.99 without, to use a recent example.

Employee discount is 10%. That would knock the price of the coffee maker down to $19.79. That's almost a buck more than the loyalty price.

Depending on what you're buying, the loyalty card price could be a better deal than the employee discount.

What's more, the company runs loyalty specials on electronics or household supplies like toilet paper that are ineligible for the employee discount. Let's just say that caused a lot of employees to abandon the swamp entirely when purchasing these items.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't even get a discount at all at The Night Place.

Yet they want us to buy most of our groceries there. Sorry, not happening!
            Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

at the beginning of this year my pizza place, in a cost cutting measure, took AWAY our off the clock 20% discount, free on the clock meals, and our vacation yet still pushes coupons like all heck and still does the monthly way cheap crap loss leader "new" product promotion
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Just last year my company offer the first employee discount in a long time or ever, even the long time employees can't remember one. It is 5% off. They have given three termination dates so far, but keep pushing it back.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                  Just last year my company offer the first employee discount in a long time or ever, even the long time employees can't remember one. It is 5% off. They have given three termination dates so far, but keep pushing it back.
                  I don't think those are necessarily termination dates, I think those are dates that the "points" expire.

Of course, watch me be wrong soon enough!

Comment

Working...
                  X