• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeeeeee! Ian McShane! *glomp*

Alan Rickman is great. But I love me some Ian! <3

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      They also forgot Gary Oldman's role in The Fifth Element.
      Even though he was a heavily comedic bad guy he did do a great job.

Richard Roxburgh could have made the cut, too. Not only was he Count Vladisaus Dracula in Van Helsing, he was "The Duke" in Moulin Rouge. Talk about two completely different bad guys!

Jason Isaacs - great choice. I don't think there was a better choice for his roles in The Patriot and Harry Potter.

Alan Rickman - not much to say here. His "bad guy" style even fit in very well as the Metatron (you do know what an angle is, right?) in Dogma.

Even though he hasn't ben in much, I think Zachary Quinto deserves at least an honorable mention. He was perfect for Sylar and his "emotionless" acting was great for Spock. I can see him in the future as serious and methodical bad guys.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      Wow, I'm surprised they picked a list of really good, talented actors. I was expecting to see Denzels and Will Smiths.
      Yes! I am glad this is a list based on talent and not money or box office draw.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I second Ralph Fiennes and Sir Anthony Hopkins both should have been mentioned, also Christian Bale's turn in American Psycho was...psychotic.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Alan Rickman is deliciously evil.

Christopher Walken on the other hand, isn't on the list because when he's playing bad guys he's not acting.

Walken is awesome, but scary. >.>

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            Definately...Has he ever played a good guy?
            He was the dad in Hairspray

I didn't realize that Lucius Malfoy was the guy from The Patriot (which I was just watching a couple weeks ago).
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Puss In Boots

Actually he makes an oddly good Puss ...
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

The only one I can think of is True Romance. I am sure there will be others. I can think of Pulp Fiction, with him not being bad, but was crazy.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

*while everyone else is fighting over Alan Rickman, Joi sneaks in and steals Jason Isaacs*

Yummy!

I've been a fan of his for AGES. He's versatile and fun to watch.

But how could they leave Alan Tudyk off the list??? Did no-one see him in Dollhouse and V?? He was frikkin' EVIL! And awesome.
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                    But how could they leave Alan Tudyk off the list??? Did no-one see him in Dollhouse and V?? He was frikkin' EVIL! And awesome.

He was good in V but how can you take Wash / Steve the Pirate as a serious bad guy?

(I also found his voice good in I Robot)
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      He was good in V but how can you take Wash / Steve the Pirate as a serious bad guy?
                      Did you see him as Alpha in Dollhouse??? He was seriously evil! Very disturbing.

He's probably my favorite bit actor in Hollywood right now. He's very versatile, talented, and always fun to watch!
                      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Damn straight with Rickman at the top. Hans Gruber = Best villain ever.
                        The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth derangedperson View Post
                          Damn straight with Rickman at the top. Hans Gruber = Best villain ever.
                          I'd say he was even more evil as the Sheriff of Nottingham with a line like this:
                          That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The mercenary leader in The Dogs Of War, I guess.
                            Walken should've made the list as well.

Comment

Technically in Prophecy 4 he was good...and he played the inventor in Remote or whatever...the father in Blast from the Past(?).

I know less than half of the movies these people mentioned, btw.

Comment

I'd say he was even more evil as the Sheriff of Nottingham with a line like this:
                                That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
                                Not to mention the legendary quote: "Locksley! I'll cut your heart out WITH A SPOON!!"
                                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X