This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From CS circa 2005.

Since I browse the archives (yes, CS is archived at archive.org, betcha didn't know ) every once a year or so, I've seen most, if not all these stories at least once.

This story though, without fail, makes me angry every time I read it.

(Posting this here because it's a link, please let me know if it's ok).
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

ha, found vinegar boy ... I remember when Home looked like that. I didn't know it was that long ago?
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

That's great, though I wish I could read the old posts that weren't put on the front page.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Makes me wonder what ever happened to WHShit and Drug Slinger.

I miss them.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

WHShit had some sort of romantic reallocation, if memory serves, and ended up moving in with someone else. I may be misremembering. She sort of faded out about then.

Drugslinger - sorry, dunno.

Rapscallion

Comment

If they manager was willing to stand up to here then, he shouldve did/said something ALOT earlier.

But...Im glad CS looks like it does now...that old layout kinda hurt to look at.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              Makes me wonder what ever happened to WHShit and Drug Slinger.

I miss them.

I miss Jivekitten and Shay-though JK is at cs livejournal sometimes-they are from the Mr. Slugger days though...man I've been around for a while.....
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I miss Ace of Diamonds and AbracaDeborah. They had all sorts of interesting stories, and I regret not saving their posts.
                My LiveJournal

Comment

I miss Meltdown and his LP pownage stories. too bad when he changed jobs those above him had him castrated (metophorically speaking of course)
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Is that really the old format? *found new net addiction*

Comment

Bah, blanking on his name now, but there is one poster I miss, and I don't think he changed names or anything. He was an East Coaster, Boston area I think, and worked in a seafood restaurant/store combo, and had a lot of regular stories about the restaurant, especially how bad it was managed. (Not much to go on on this site I know. :P )

IIRC, he was a regular 2 or 3 hacks ago, and was on the verge of leaving that job (thank goodness, for his own health)

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                        Is that really the old format? *found new net addiction*
                        Yup, This was when Mr. Slugger was the owner of the site, before Raps bought it off of him. The forums weren't as central to the site then as they are now.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                          Yup, This was when Mr. Slugger was the owner of the site, before Raps bought it off of him. The forums weren't as central to the site then as they are now.
                          I kinda like the old format, b/c it has places for different categories of suck. Also, I wish it had the OP's name in the stories. I'd really like to know who these people are (if only in a CS sense).

Comment

Oh, we have different categories of suck, but it's a pain in the bum to update etc. When I get time I'll be looking at alternatives.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                              Bah, blanking on his name now, but there is one poster I miss, and I don't think he changed names or anything. He was an East Coaster, Boston area I think, and worked in a seafood restaurant/store combo, and had a lot of regular stories about the restaurant, especially how bad it was managed. (Not much to go on on this site I know. :P )

IIRC, he was a regular 2 or 3 hacks ago, and was on the verge of leaving that job (thank goodness, for his own health)
                              The1JimmyC? Yeah, I remember the "Low Tide Clam Chowder", made with artificial creamer rather than any actual dairy.
                              My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                              X