X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Words

WHAT SIZE!?

Some days I don't really care, and I know it's a petty thing to whine about, but it's almost every single transaction I have to ask this. Or if there's more than one coffee, I have to ask this for every single coffee they order- there is no learning curve. Why why why do people order coffee with no size? Even less understandable is me having to constantly ask if they want cream or sugar, or black. I am not a mind reader!
    Last edited by Chazzie; 11-23-2013, 04:59 AM.

What's worse is asking it several times and getting an answer with no size specified (just "coke" or "coffee" every time), then deciding they need a large (why not make the store some money?) & having them get all mad at you for giving the wrong size.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You know, I only ever worked in retail for a short time and even before that experience I was not this stupid. The size is generally the first thing I rattled off. :\
      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

I get that with smokes. I try to ask if they don't specify. A good 90% of the time their tone is condenscending. Like I should know.

Comment

At the pizza shop a lady called in and wanted a large 4 topping special. I asked her what she wanted and she just stated whatever... so I have to explain to her she HAD to tell me what she wanted if she wanted to place and order. Yeah, it has happened before.

I think next time that happens I will put quadruple jalapenos on it and use hot sauce instead of tomato sauce.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
            I get that with smokes. I try to ask if they don't specify. A good 90% of the time their tone is condenscending. Like I should know.
            This. They do the same thing to me too. People often ask for a 'regular' coffee. which can mean regular as opposed to decaf, regular as in black, regular as in cream and sugar, regular as in small, or regular as in medium. (Can I just ban that word from existence?) And I'd usually say "what size?" and I'd get "Uh. Small. That's what regular IS."

Sure it is buddy.

Comment

I work in manufacturing and we need to know your specific configuration before quoting a price. Telling me the size is "standard" doesn't help and I explain we can make it from a couple inches up to 10ft in size. And yes, that DOES affect the price.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Today I actually had someone ask me when "the next train to Thingy" (actual quote) was due. I said "soonish."
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  Today I actually had someone ask me when "the next train to Thingy" (actual quote) was due. I said "soonish."
                  Love it!

Comment

I hate having to pry info out of people in the drive thru, telling me a soda does not help much when I have a dozen fountain heads in front of me

Comment

Agreed.

We sell 2 bag sizes of ICE at Green Logo Grocery Store (c). Ten pounds or twenty pounds. They'll say, "I need a bag of ice." Ok. 10 or 20? "Regular." WTF? Was that a CHOICE?

Or the one I'm noticing more and more, "How big is the 10?" Um, 10 pounds.
                      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Working...
                      X