Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shame I can't stand here all day and wait ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame I can't stand here all day and wait ...

The customers that are at least mildly annoying these days are the ones who use those little baskets (rather than buggies) ... and then come up to my register and just drop the basket onto the belt and stare at me expectantly.

Whereupon I, the cashier, will of course dutifully unpack the basket, ring up the groceries, and then bag them, because these people, by and large, don't bring their own bags, bins or boxes either ... (if you do, you have to bag your own stuff)

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Haha, I remember when I was young and hadn't been doing all my own shopping for long I tried that a few times. Just sticking the hand basket on the belt. Without fail the cashier pulled it over on it's side, dumping out all the contents quite loudly and abruptly. I learned, though.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Never thought of that!
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Some stores here let you unpack a basket, some don't. Which is puzzling because with the plexiglass shields a basket won't fit on the counter.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          Some stores here let you unpack a basket, some don't. Which is puzzling because with the plexiglass shields a basket won't fit on the counter.
          Yeah, that would make it a bit of a conundrum. At my store, though, there is no problem with the basket on the belt. Other than the annoyance factor ...
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

One store here took away the hand baskets in the beginning of the pandemic and have not put them back, so I suppose that solves that. I don't like it because I rarely need a full cart, it's bulky and slows me down, lol. But it's really the least of my irritations during this time.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              One store here took away the hand baskets in the beginning of the pandemic and have not put them back, so I suppose that solves that.
              Like carriages are any less germy than handbaskets...?

Comment

I doubt it's to do with germiness, although staying on top of the cart handles would be marginally simpler than the basket ones; using carts automatically helps enforce better separation between shoppers, as you can't stand so close behind someone with a cart in front of you!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                X