Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That is what I keep telling myself." Ted admits. "I'll get past it, no choice but to, it's just going to take awhile."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "I am kinda a captive audience right now, so spill your guts if that will help, cry, scream, rant, rave I don't mind. I've heard it all before and it there is little you can do to scare or offend me."
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Part of the problem is, I don't feel like doing any of that. Which is kinda what worries me. I should be throwing up, or ranting, or something. Instead..there is just this. Worry that I am going to just be cold and ruthless. Which I guess is something. At least I am worried about it."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "You have a logical brain, its trying to reason and make excuses why you did what you did, and allowed what happened to happen. You will probably break down later, trust me."

She turns the car down a exit ramp somewhere in Montana and pulls into a dive type diner.

"don't care that we ate when we left I'm famished."

She reaches into the back of the car and pokes Josiah awake.

"Oy you, dinner time."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah opened one eye to balefully glare at her. "You do realize I have been awake since 5 minutes before the Montanna state line? And, Ted? Be thankful your brain is not quite able to reconcile with having Tesla'd the Eyeless, then just letting Sam and me waste them. So long as your conscience keeps nagging at you, you're not a cold-blooded killer. As long as you don't want to become such, I doubt you ever will."
            Josiah sat down, then ordered a decent meal. He ate in silence as he remembered that hideous night he'd killed because there truly had been no other choice. Finally, the silence amongst the trio was too much.
            "Ted, I have killed before. It was a choice between my life or death. A PCP-crazed stoner broke into my home and was attacking me with a knife out my own kitchen. I put ten rounds of 9mm full-metal jacket into him before he stayed down."
            The next part was the hardest to admit, even to himself. "I felt nothing you're feeling now. I nightmare about it from time to time, but I felt nothing when I pulled the trigger on that old CZ 75. It had been like putting down a rabid dog. Long as you fret, anylize, and get worked up over having to pull the trigger, you'll never become a cold-blooded killer."

Comment

• "what would you call me then Josiah?"

Samara looks him dead in the eye, something, he will note, she has NEVER done before.

"I'll shoot someone flat out with no hesitation, if the need arises, or if it is in defense of those under my charge. I've killed 96 people in my carrer, only once have I regretted a kill."

Comment

• Josiah looks at her, "You lost your lunch after your first kill. You kill only when it's necessary; I dub thee 'Normal'."
                He took a bite out of his meal, looked up. "I never felt a damn thing. No shock, no horking up my lunch, no regret, nada. That PCP-crazed punk was my first and only kill until two days ago."
                Josiah got up and flopped $8 on the table. "I'm a cold-blooded killer, Sam. You can always tell by the eyes. You looked into mine when I shot those Myrdraal. You saw."

Comment

• "I was 2 days on the job when I made my first kill, and it wasn't enough to save the target. Infact that was the day I witnessed the birth of not one but two artifacts."

She smirks faintly, "God what a grueling chase that was."

Comment

• Josiah called on his way the bathroom, "Y'know, they make better shoes now than they did in the eighties!"

Comment

• Samara looks confused for a moment that bursts out laughing, she then turns to Ted.

"Every aspect of this job is important,from our resident hacker, to our researcher, to our field agents. Couldn't tell you how many times my butt's been saved by a research clue. I remember one case not long after I was recruited..."

She proceeds to tell him a rather humerous story, skirting around which artifact she was after with deft ease, parts of the story almost would make Ted crack a rib with laughing, and concludes just as Josiah walks back by saying,

"and since then I cannot be in the same room with a cat....ever!"

Comment

• "Let me guess. Schrödinger? Yeah, saw it chasing a mechanical mouse that was supposed to be in the Farnsworth isle."
                        Josiah sighed. "Stupid critter just flopped over in front of me -dead as a hammer- then I saw the exact same cat chasing the exact same mouse an hour later."
                        Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• "bloody cat had me in a panic, till my partner corrected me and told me who it was. God I miss him....he...retired."

Comment

• Josiah rolled his eyes, "Well, SOMEBODY could have told me we have an immortal German cat running around the warehouse."

Comment

• Ted could not help but say. "Josiah, in case you need to know...we have an immortal german cat in the warehouse."

Comment

• Samara snorts into her cup of coffee as she drains the dregs of it, motioning the waitress over, and asking for a large black coffee to go.

"Blasted Artie for not letting me bring the coffee carraffee..."

Samara pays the bill and they get back on the road, "Artie might still be a little sore with me about what I did to his car before I left...."

Comment

Working...
                                X