Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Christmas Card Exchange - Tallies are closed. Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh I would like the contents of Pep Squad's avatar in my Christmas stocking
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I'll start addressing mine soon.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
        That's it. I'm committed. I signed up for this and signed up for the Reddit Secret Santa. What the heck is wrong with me?
        Question: Is your middle name Esther or is there supposed to be an "and" in there..?

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        Ooh I would like the contents of Pep Squad's avatar in my Christmas stocking
        I have no control over the PepSquad account. You'll have to talk to Rapscallion.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Anyone participating, it's supposed to be for me and DaDairyDruid, so there should be an "and" between his name and mine. Not sure why it didn't show up.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

fma fanatic, same here,

There's supposed to be an and between my name and xx_wolfie_xx's name. >.>

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
              Anyone participating, it's supposed to be for me and DaDairyDruid, so there should be an "and" between his name and mine. Not sure why it didn't show up.
              Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
              fma fanatic, same here,

There's supposed to be an and between my name and xx_wolfie_xx's name. >.>
              Because it always drops it. I don't even bother throwing it in between Kabe's and my name at this point.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                Because it always drops it. I don't even bother throwing it in between Kabe's and my name at this point.
                "They shall be one flesh." Legal requirement (Church of Bring Your Own God)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

For the two-person signups - did you use the word "and" or did you use an "&" ?

Comment

Sent out all the internationals. Plus, I started sending out some of the others as well.
                    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Internationals are out! The domestics will probably go out the week after Thanksgiving.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I honestly don't remember. I want to say I used 'and'.

I will get my list done over the weekend after I get paid on Friday so I can buy cards.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Denmark has a lot of weird letters.
                          True enough. The æ, ø and å are used for some sounds in Danish. Your computers should be able to write them without any disasters. The æ you may know as a contraction of a and e from latin.

I have bought cards and labels. I still have to buy stamps and put it all together. Probably next weekend.

Comment

I don't do anything until after Thanksgiving.

I asked about the "and" vs "&" because I know that when making forms in Access, if you use "&" in a label it will drop it, but if you use "&&" it will show properly as "&" so I was thinking that might be why it gets dropped. If you actually used the word "and," well, I have no idea.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              I asked about the "and" vs "&" ...
                              I just finished reading Railsea by China Miéville. He always uses "&" instead of "and" in the book. The narrator even comments on the usage at one point. But it is very good book.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Finished addressing mine last night. I'll send the internationals on my lunch hour. The US addys will have to wait 'til after Thanksgiving.
                                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                                X