This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-day trolling?

Sort of considering booking a table for one in a restaurant on the evening of the 14th Feb and eating alone. Maybe sobbing gently into my drink or looking mournful.

Perhaps book a table for two?

Just wondering what peoples' reactions would be.

Thoughts?

Rapscallion

Yes! Yes! Yes!

(Oh, and photos please...)
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Both great ideas, although I'm leaning toward the two-top. It wouldn't actually take any more away from the waitron (unless you have one-tops in GB?) and is much more woeful. Maybe you could bring along a nice bouquet for the other chair?
      Last edited by sms001; 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Raps, you are so twisted!!!
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Ocasionally whisper "Why?" in amongst the sobs. Just to make everyone around you that much more uncomfortable and confused.

Comment

Considering the date, I could just sit there and eat by myself and keep a peripheral eye out for those staring at me with pity. I'm pretty sure it would happen.

Of course, there's the whole extra expense for a special day cost, but it might be worth it.

Rapscallion

Comment

A Godiva's box with the flowers?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Get an empty ring box!
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Book a table for two, and at the other seat, prop up a framed picture of your right hand. Bonus points if you put a single rose in front of the picture.

Comment

I did consider a framed picture. Wasn't thinking of right hand, but am now.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                      Get an empty ring box!
                      I was thinking this, too.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Don't forget to order the special for two people meal.
                        My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Bonus points if you get the waitstaff in on it. And if anyone asks them about you, "Oh... oh, my... No, we don't talk about it..."
                          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Make sure you get a couple of friends to book another nearby table, with a video camera...

Comment

Ok, this has gone from a simple joke (single guy in a restaurant, acting depressed) to involving props (photographs and flowers), waitstaff, and now additional 3rd parties to record it.

I'm just wondering how far this is going to go.

SC
                              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
                              X