This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cookie help!

for many many years my mom used to make what she called refrigerator cookies, a rather crunchy cookie that was 2 different colors/flavors, a chocolate color, and the other a more....sugar cookie style color.

these two were rolled flat, placed on top of each other, rolled tight, the covered in plastic wrap over night, then sliced into pieces...

any help? or am I to vague?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

These are typically called Pinwheel Cookies. A a spiral of both chocolate and plain cookie dough, made using a rather soft dough that requires chilling before shaping (as they would deform otherwise).
    It's a type of biscuit or cookie often classed as a 'refrigerator cookie' for that very reason.
    There are many recopies online, but I'm sure I can find some in my trusted Baking Bible if you should need it. I'd be happy to post for all to consume right now, but am about to head to bed, so maybe in the morning.

A handy tip: after cutting the cookie shapes return them to the fridge for a time, before cooking. This stops the cookies from distorting or spreading too much while baking, allowing you to keep that exact shape and a crisp outer layer. This can easily be done in the 15 or 20 minutes that it takes for most ovens to preheat.

I hope this helps

Comment

Here's a recipe

Cooking show transcript

I hope this helps.

Good luck finding videos of that episode.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
      X