This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
    I'm trying to arm him with a weapon that will last ...
    Why stop with just one? If it were me, I'd have as many potential weapons as I could carry and still be able to use one or more of them. After all, he's already lost two weapons.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      Why stop with just one? If it were me, I'd have as many potential weapons as I could carry and still be able to use one or more of them. After all, he's already lost two weapons.
      Naturally, but ask yourself this... Unless you're lugging stuff around in a pillowcase, how much stuff (especially weapons-grade stuff) can you carry when you're dressed for date night? That's what happened here at this hotel. It was a date night that went horribly, horribly awry.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
        Naturally, but ask yourself this... Unless you're lugging stuff around in a pillowcase, how much stuff (especially weapons-grade stuff) can you carry when you're dressed for date night? That's what happened here at this hotel. It was a date night that went horribly, horribly awry.
        Quite a few actually, having made it as far as the laundry. Sheets can be cut/torn and fashioned into weapons belts, and a pillowcase with 3 or four irons in it, ready to swing the whole thing round or reach in and grab one if there's time.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          ... a pillowcase with 3 or four irons in it, ready to swing ...
          A case of swing while the iron is hot.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Well yes and no, you can only carry around so much for so long. Remember these weapons have weight, tell you what. Try carrying around about 70lbs of weapons for about an hour and tell me if you want to carry it around anymore. However, there are good weapons to be had that are very very common, and light weight.

I speak of the janitors ultimate tools the broom and the mop. Break, sharp end on one end, light and easy to use. Can even be reused.. put something such as bleach or such at the end..and can even be a poisonous weapon.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

How about fire extinguishers? Does the creature breathe? Hit it in the mouth with a spay of the chemicals. Once out of charge, use it as a club. Would there be any effect of yanking the fire alarm as he goes by?
              πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

The biggest problem with the creature in question is that it doesn't have a face. No eyes, no nose, no mouth... Just a body and a featureless head. The character is already armed with a bottle of bleach, which works wonders on things with eyes, but this really calls for a head-smasher. Hence, the short-handled sledgehammer.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Any fire hoses mounted on the walls? A blast from those can kick the monster back a ways.

In the old days, there might have been fire axes mounted next to the fire hoses.

Then there is the most dangerous weapon in any hotel, a pissed off SC guest. If the monster survives that, promote it to front desk clerk.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've had a few dates go so horribly wrong that I wished I had a short-handled sledgehammer.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      I've had a few dates go so horribly wrong that I wished I had a short-handled sledgehammer.
                      I am so very glad I was obeying Rule 1 when I read this.
                      "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                      Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                      X