Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really stunned at how well Sly did in the city drive. Maybe it was the pressure of the show that was affecting Sly's performance?
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      That, to me, is like saying that a chef is truly excellent - except for the accidental substitution of Jalapeños in the fruit salad, and the salmonella in the Full English Breakfast. I would not want to eat in a restaurant served by such a chef, and I would likewise not want to be on the road with a habitual red-light runner.
      Well, driving in an unfamiliar city with the pressure of the show on you, I wouldn't put blowing a red or two in a Salmonella category; jalepenos in a fruit salad I could see. IIRC one of them changed just as he was approaching as well, so while it's still an infraction, it's not quite as bad as blowing a long red. (And no where near as bad as what Kevin was doing)

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
      I was really stunned at how well Sly did in the city drive. Maybe it was the pressure of the show that was affecting Sly's performance?
      I would put it up to the pressure of the show, combined with the Real World being a lot more forgiving than the challenges the show set up. While the challenges are perfectly doable (as Andrew demonstrates each time), they have very tight tolerances. In the real world, while you may occasionally find situations when you only have a few cm's to spare on each side, most of the time you'll have a lot more space to work with. Plus other drivers will usually be more yielding than the unmanned obstacles the show presents.

Comment

Working...
      X