Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milspec old style BDU pants with crossweave are pretty good. They are cotton and have an antirip weave that is complete both vertical and horizontal, meaning they are very resistant to tearing and also laste for some time. Another thing you can do is to not machine dry your pants anymore (it can remove some fabric, it's where lint comes from,) and I would also consider suede reinforcement at the crotch area. Suede is a pretty strong material.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
      ... suede reinforcement at the crotch area. Suede is a pretty strong material.
      Don't mess with my blue suede trews...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One thing I've noticed is that, all other factors being equal (i.e. fiber used, fabric weight, etc.), an "ordinary" weave (over one, under one, repeat) will be more durable than a "fancy" weave. Denim is a "fancy" weave - if you look at it closely (haven't owned any denim for a while, going from memory) it's over 3, under 1, repeat, with the pattern being shifted down by 1 as you go across. Because of this, khakis with the same weight as denim should be more durable. Also, denim tends to be 100% cotton, while khakis tend to be a poly/cotton blend, which is a stronger fiber - making the khakis even more durable relative to jeans.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X