This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Hi Jester, sorry, I just saw this! Seshat's link is probably better than anything I found. They aren't traditional in my family, I just had a taste for 'em.

Seems most of them are made by smashing up vanilla wafers (my fave cookie!) and mixing in rum and sugar, shaping into balls & rolling in nuts, sprinkles or powered sugar. Simple enough even for me I might try substituting agave syrup in the mix, since I'm supposed to be watching my carbs.

And I have that nice bottle of Brinley Gold to try...
    Sorry but agave is as bad as regular sugar or karo syrup. About the only thing it has going for it is some trace micronutrients. Might as well use karo unless you prefer the taste.

Try smashing gingersnaps, makes a nice twist - I made ginger balls last year that had chopped candied ginger, candied orange zest and was rolled in chopped toasted macadamias for Rob, he loved them. Just used a generic rum bought at the Navy hootcheria on base.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Seven pages? And I forgot I posted this. My fam likes bourbon balls. And my mom loves mince pie, as do I.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X