This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Walmart

Ou guys remember me talking about P? The one who with K had done something so hurtful that it was a wonder I let them live? Well she uttered the immortal words today...Walmart had RUINED her granddaughters Christmas.

How have they done this? P ordered a magenta rocking horse, Walmart delivered a blue one to the store since magenta would be out till well into January. Apparently P's 9 month old granddaughter would just be DEVASTATED and how dare they think she would want a BLUE in for a GIRL!!!11!!!

The CSR tried to make things right, offered money back, offered another item along with the blue horse but no P gave the poor CSR a earful. Some of the combination of words were epic.

I casually brought up the topic of the granddaughters favorite color, maybe the girl preferred magenta but no I was told that I asked something stupid cause babies don't have favorite colors.

Much eye rolling was had in the office. Even more eye rolling was had when P decided to have a loud phone conversation during a service talk our supervisor was giving us. The topic of a carrier killed by her own truck. The supervisor told her she had to be off her phone and it was to be shut off from now on. So she loudly pouted to anyone she thought was listening.

I was told that I asked something stupid cause babies don't have favorite colors.
    Then what des it matter if the gorram thing is blue then!

Besides, it's only recently in the history of humanity and dyes that blue = boys, pink = girls
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Yea I know....can't tell her that..

Comment

Pink shirts were preferred by men in the Victorian period: it was a power color, represented blood.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The kid will probably spend more time playing with the box the damn thing comes in.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            The kid will probably spend more time playing with the box the damn thing comes in.
            ^ I know I would've as a child. One year we (when I say we, I mean my dad, but really the entire family used it) got a new big screen TV. As soon as it was out of the damn box I took one of my comforters, hopped in, and got comfortable. I was so damn happy.

But really, does she NOT listen to herself talk? "Baby will be DEVASTATED THAT IT'S BLUE. What's her favorite color? Oh shut up, babies don't have favorite colors."

Ugh. Brain hurts.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              ^
              But really, does she NOT listen to herself talk? "Baby will be DEVASTATED THAT IT'S BLUE. What's her favorite color? Oh shut up, babies don't have favorite colors."
              This is just fair warning that she's a total Drama-mama. As kidlet gets older she'll become one of those parents. The ones who loudly proclaim how allergic kid is to this and that, and how dangerous sports would be, so delicate sweetums can't play rough with the other kids.

You know, the kind of parent that either turns out a serial killer, or else the kid move as far away as possible and never talks to them again.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Grandmother not Mother

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  How have they done this? P ordered a magenta rocking horse, Walmart delivered a blue one to the store since magenta would be out till well into January. Apparently P's 9 month old granddaughter would just be DEVASTATED and how dare they think she would want a BLUE in for a GIRL!!!11!!!
                  When I read this all I could think of was this movie scene.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hahaha that black widow has more brains then P does tho. This is the same chick that thinks a garden snake can jump into our postal trucks.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Hahaha that black widow has more brains then P does tho. This is the same chick that thinks a garden snake can jump into our postal trucks.
                      You mean they can't!
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

No I'm serious...we had one morning where she was freaking out because she saw a small green garden snake. Took almost a hour to convince her that garden snakes can't jump into the truck and that they won't bite her.

Comment

Oh, my. She should never move to where I live. There's an area in extreme southern Miami Dade county that's primarily agricultural. I live in the middle of it. It's actually closer to the Everglades than to the beach. Snakes sunning themselves on the driveway or pool deck aren't uncommon sights. I've called my oldest son into service removing several from the house over the last year (freaking cats obviously failed their snake control classes, and, if you're wondering, I get my son to nab them because he's GOOD at it, where I just wind up missing the little boogers and having to wait until they come out into the open again).
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                            Pink shirts were preferred by men in the Victorian period: it was a power color, represented blood.
                            It's why I only wear neon green shirts these days! Sure, the doctors told me that my steady diet of highlighter ink would turn my blood this horrible color and likely kill me, but my confidence is through the roof!
                            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                            "What IS fun to fight through?"
                            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

So I shouldn't tell you that she's been looking at FL condos?

Comment

Working...
                              X