This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you!
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth worddork View Post
      I think most of you are right and that new friends are in order, or at least need a talking to. However, cousin's fiancee is always going to get a gift, as long as I'm still around.
      What matters is what and how YOU feel, not those so-called "friends."

Family is just that . . . a group of people who are close enough to one another that they look out for one another. Doesn't always have to be biological.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

This is a lot like the discussions I have had with my mom and my husband this year. I send my sister's children Christmas and birthday gifts every year, without fail. I rarely get an acknowledgement, unless I ask for one (like when I put cash in with a card - I want to make sure they got it). My sister hasn't sent my kids any gifts, birthday or otherwise, for over 10 years.

My mom and my husband think I should quit giving my nephews gifts ... and their reason is that "she never sends your kids anything". But, you see, I send those gifts because I WANT to, not to fulfill some quid pro quo. And besides, it's not the nephews' fault their mom is an ungrateful bitch (oh wait, did I just type that????) :-D

Comment

"Home Is Where The Heart Is" by Sally Fingerett, performed by Peter, Paul & Mary.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Condolences on your loss, I know it can be extra tough when contrasted with some holidays.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            I'm sure your she appreciates not suddenly being "forgotten" just ESPECIALLY because he's gone.
            Since Ade +1'd I guess I'll +2. I'm kind of curious though, do you think if they'd been married before the accident it'd make any difference? And how long, a week, a year? Just a very strange thought pattern to me.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              I'm kind of curious though, do you think if they'd been married before the accident it'd make any difference? And how long, a week, a year? Just a very strange thought pattern to me.
              I'm not sure on my friends' thought process, but I do know that the few of them with divorced parents have stopped talking to step families when the second, third and forth marriages have fallen apart.

I know at my cousin's funeral, everyone told his fiancee that she was family and would never get rid of us. We tend to hold on to people.
              Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Working...
              X