This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dog!

Hubby and I are hoping to adopt Maia from a local rescue. She's a 3 year old schnauzer mix. Right now she's hanging out at our house for a few days to see how we like her and how she likes us. She was in the house about 5 minutes before deciding that she now owns the couch.

Edit: clicky for a way less distorted version.

What a cutie! Just a few minutes there and she's made herself at home already...I'd say you got a keeper there.

Comment

Awww, she's ADORABLE
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Cute!! And of course the couch is hers. That red sets off her dark fur quite nicely.

I grew up with a miniature schnauzer. A little barky (especially at the doorbell; clearly every visitor was there to see her) but a good dog. She was really my mother's dog; if my mom was around she wouldn't sit with anyone else. I think the only time she ever slept in my bed was one night when I was a teenager; there was a thunderstorm and I was the only one home (thunderstorms and balloons were her big fears). And she only stayed in my room until my parents got home.

Do you know what she's mixed with? She looks kinda longish...Dachshund or Corgi maybe?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

what a cutie!! I jsut want to snuggle her. And as BE said that couch sets off her coat nicely
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

That is a cute small doggy of fuzzy awesomeness...and of course the couch is hers. Dontcha know dogs own all furniture and people that they sit on...along with anything they can chew on or nom. How is her personality?
            Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Quoth SteverinoNY View Post
              That is a cute small doggy of fuzzy awesomeness...and of course the couch is hers. Dontcha know dogs own all furniture and people that they sit on...along with anything they can chew on or nom. How is her personality?
              As far as Pablo was concerned, if you sat still for 5 seconds, you were furniture.

Comment

She's ADORABLE!! I wanna meet her!! Pllleeeeaaassseee!!!!

Comment

Hey, TPM - Check out the first cake on this post...look familiar?

Comment

We have no idea what she's mixed with, as she was rescued from a shelter and she went to the shelter as a stray. The couch isn't very big (somewhere between a loveseat and a real couch) so that might be part of the reason she looks so long.

She is a very quiet, laid back dog. We took her to a dog park yesterday and even when she was off the leash she was more interested in people than other dogs.

BE, that cake is crazy!! It's one of my favorite shirts, since I've gotten some great test scores while wearing it, and it's an accidental souvenir from my last Chicago trip (did you know there's a Threadless store? It's only a few blocks from a friend's place in Chicago).

Lupo, let me know what your schedule is like. Finals end this week and I'm starting a new job this week but hopefully we can get something worked out now that summer semester is pretty much over and I can do things like sleep again.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                      (did you know there's a Threadless store? It's only a few blocks from a friend's place in Chicago).
                      I did not know that. All I know of Threadless is the cake contest, because Cakewrecks does a post on it every time.

Comment

Threadless

They have awesome T-shirts. I just always assumed that they were an online only business.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                          ...I can do things like sleep again.
                          Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                          X