This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did what?

I'm a certified teacher for Social Studies. I just went through a hell of a first year teaching 6th graders (never again) in a poorer area of SC (never again if I can help it).

I ended up resigning because I wasn't able to gain control of the class and they didn't seem to be getting it at all. As in I was trying to make sure they understood the Middle Ages and they failed the test. Twice. As a whole. Not just one class, but all four.

So I didn't have high hopes at all for the results of the State Standardized test.

One of my co-workers from there texted me yesterday to check out the school's scores.

Guess what?

Out of the four test (Reading, Math, Social Studies, and Science), the Social Studies test had the highest pass rate! 62% of the group (Social Studies and Science don't test the whole class, only half each and at random) passed with either met or exemplary. And the sixth grade had the highest pass rate for all Social Studies classes.

I guess I taught them something after all.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

It seems like an uphill battle, but people do remember stuff from school. I remember the most random facts. I found the middle ages fascinating.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
    X