This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
    What about "Food Network Challenge"? I know you said in one of your past threads that baking/desserts isn't your thing, so let's say it was just regular food...Like that one episode that Vic Vegas was on where it was a bunch of Italian families...I'm sure you could do something like that, maybe make your world famous chili.
    A few things.

I do not bake. I would be as good in a baking competition as my little sister would be in a magic competition. Hint: I am the only magician in the family. (Okay, I could probably bake something, but it wouldn't beat out any decent bakers.)

The Food Network Challenges are timed events, too. Yeah, they get a lot more time, but that is because they generally have to do something that requires at least that much time, or more. Most of the ones that I've seen were baking or cake-building competitions, to be honest. For the other ones, say, burgers or what not? Maybe. But my prep speed still blows.

My chili is not world famous. Just semi-famous. I'm working on that.

And my chili takes a minimum of five hours to prepare. That's before the several hours it should be hanging out in the fridge, as Emeril would say, "getting happy."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

AdminAssistant, yeah you're right, I'd forgotten about that...I'm going to go ahead & call it now, it's gonna wind up being between Anne & Robert with both having a 50/50 chance of bringing it home

Jes, you could do a baking competition (or any other cooking competition for that matter) I know you could...So your prep speed blows?? bring things pre-prepped, hell I'll even volunteer to be your assistant if you needed one...If Duff & his merry band can do it & not suck royally so can you
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Having seen Duff speak, all I'll say is that he and his crew would probably fare much better in competition if they'd lay off the ganja. Seriously, not only was he blazed out of his mind, he referenced it quite a bit in giving his back story.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I'm going to go ahead & call it now, it's gonna wind up being between Anne & Robert with both having a 50/50 chance of bringing it home
          I should point out here that in head to head competition, Anne is 3-0 against Robert. So I don't know if I buy that whole 50/50 thing. Just saying.

Jes, you could do a baking competition (or any other cooking competition for that matter) I know you could
          Could I bake? Probably. But I have neither the desire nor the patience to do so. As I've said many times before, baking is a science, while cooking is an art. Hell, you know what measurements my chili recipe calls for with the dry spices: "Aggressively season with...." That's my measurement. And that would never fly with baking.

You don't believe me? Ask the recently departed Chris how baking without an exact recipe worked for him in his two attempts at that chocolate cake of his.

...So your prep speed blows?? bring things pre-prepped, hell I'll even volunteer to be your assistant if you needed one...If Duff & his merry band can do it & not suck royally so can you
          1. Not all competitions allow pre-prep. The Chopped/Top Chef/NFNS ones certainly don't.

2. Not all competitions allow assistants, either.

3. Duff rocks. And he does stuff I could never do. Don't speak ill of the Duff-meister, darlin'. No good can come of it. That way, only madness lies.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Don't speak ill of the Duff-meister, darlin'. No good can come of it. That way, only madness lies.
            I'm not speaking ill of him. I was just pointing out that 1) at the speech I saw him give, he was stoned. As in, baseball cap pulled way down in front of his face to block the stage light, flirting with the ASL translators, couldn't complete a coherent thought stoned. 2) I like Duff, I think he's talented as hell. But...dude's not all there, okay? He walked out of the kitchen of the French fucking Laundry. He had a job with the best chef in America, Thomas Keller, and walked out. Mid-shift. That is not something sane people do.

ETA: Okay, I'm speaking ill of him. But I do think he's talented, runs a great business, and is a great TV personality.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Ah, I have never heard of any of this stuff about the Duffster. Probably because all I know of him comes from tv. And let's face it....that's not the kind of stuff they're gonna advertise on Food Network promos.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Anyone else think that the reunion show was awkward as hell in some spots? I did love the impersonations that Jeff and the nice Justin did. XD But having Meathead and the Justin who must cough up splinters with how far that stick is jammed up his ass jabbing at each other was just...strange.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

[QUOTE=Jester;924765]I should point out here that in head to head competition, Anne is 3-0 against Robert. So I don't know if I buy that whole 50/50 thing. Just saying./QUOTE]

True that, but have you seen Robert's new show "Restaurant Impossible"? That man is a MIRACLE WORKER. I've never tasted his food, but I be willing to bet he could make shit taste good. Heck, did you watch that episode of Chopped: All Stars? What was it they got in the first basket? Haggi in a can or something? And he actually made it taste good. Besides, under all that tough guy persona he puts on, he has a heart of gold believe it or not

Firecat88, yeah the reunion show was kind of awkward..After nice Justin did his impersonation of Bobby, I kinda got the feeling Bobby didn't really know how to react, he kinda had this uncomfortable look on his face (even though he was kinda laughing)
                  "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Working...
                  X