This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    $350 dollars. I will let that sink in for a moment, as I think everybody knows where this is going.

They want me to pay $350 dollars for training, and get reimbursed after 6 months of working for/with them. If I had that type of money, I would be doing great. *sighs*
    No you wouldn't. Don't feel bad about this Mytical, they're likely a scam company if they're asking you for money up front. Is the name Trasamerica, or the like? I looked into them when I was out of work several years back, and they're just this side of a legal pyramid scheme. If its the same thing they tried to sell me, you make more money "recruiting" people into the business than actually selling insurance, right? Group interview, really peppy, and lots of charts about how easy it is to make loads of money?

I had a friend who did pay them the money. The reimbursement is dependant on passing the "certification" test at the end. Funny how 90% of the class didn't pass, and he ended up no money and no job. Hold on to your money, man. You'll get a real offer eventually. One where you don't pay them for the priveledge of working for them.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

More signs it is a scam. After going up for my 3rd interview (the last one supposedly) I was told there would be one more. I arrived om, and received a call to come up for an interview. Which was identical to the first interview I had. Apparently the 'messed up', and scheduled me the first part again. I did some research, and while technically a legit company, and I would have a license to sell insurance (should I pass) they have quite a few complaints lodged against them. It is Bankers Fidelity and Life if anybody wants to know. I will not pay for a job, regardless.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't shell out that much on the promise I'd be making it back over the next six months. Last I checked, most companies on the up-and-up are supposed to pay for any away-from-home training you need, not make you pay.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Well my part time job ends after tonight, and my savings is near gone. Yay me, ah well what doesn't kill me makes me stronger I guess.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sounds just like the one I was telling you about, well it's good that you avoiding any trouble, they would have prevented you from using that license for any other company you might try to move on to. *hug* Good luck with job hunting.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Working...
            X