Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help from someone who knows something about electronics.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help from someone who knows something about electronics.

I have a youtube account and I want to take and record the sports games I play on my XBOX and put them on there, kind of like an actual TV broadcast. I figured I needed to buy a DVD recorder and then upload it to my movie editing software. Am I on the right path or do I need other equipment?

I'm not entirely knowledgable on the topic, but you might be able to bypass the DVD recorder if you have a capture card instead. Records directly to the computer harddrive (last I checked), so you don't have to use transfer media.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I can picture two methods to this.

1 - Your A/V OUT from the Xbox goes to the AV IN on the DVD Recorder. TO ensure you'r getting good signal you will need an AV out from the recorder to TV to view.

When you set the 'channel' to record on the DVDR you should be able to choose the equivelant of AV (Like when you play Xbox on the TV).

2 - Alternately you can get RCA to USB video capture devices, (or like Kogarashi said, a Vid capture card for your PC) with basic editor software. These let you hook up consoles DVD/vcrs etc to your PC/Laptop by their standard AV out cables (Mine has RCA/S-Video) to USB and record to file on the HDD.

Lemme know if I was confusing as hell I'm semi doinga similar thing, but just for me, not Youtube.
      "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Can you download onto a flash drive instead of the hard drive?

Comment

Probably not. I don't think flash drives have the sustained write speed to handle capturing video.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

OK, thanks .

Comment

Im with Dave. You'll need to go to HDD first, then by all means copy the finished file to Flash drive for storage/transport.
              "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
              Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Working...
              X